Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night I discovered a water leak here and needed to trace a pipe. I knew, with an optional kit, my Fisher Gemini 3 could trace pipes. The kit is nothing more than a ground rod and a phono plug with alligator clips. I'm really not wanting to pay 39.00 plus 20 in shipping for that.
It looked easy enough to make one until I noticed in the product photo the phono plug is tip-ring-sleeve. Had it been mono it would've been an easy 50/50 chance of getting it right. ( I tried a mono jack and it didnt seem to work). The extra ring is confusing me when we only have two wires. I looked into the jack on the transmitter and it definitely has the contacts for tip-ring-sleeve.
The manual is confusing too. It looks like it is showing both the old style ground plate kit and the new style ground rod kit.
I was hoping that one of you electronic gurus would have some ideas on how this should be wired. Or even better if one of you had this kit and could open up the barrel on the plug and post a pic.
I did find the leak today but still want to get this Gemini rigged up to trace pipes in case I ever need it in the future.

grod-tw6_4.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post your question here in the appropriate forum. https://www.geotech1.com/forums/forum

You will probably get a faster answer to your question.
Thanks for the suggestion and link. I posted it over there and Carl answered the question.
Here is Carl's reply in case some one here ever needs this info in the future.
"The sleeve is not used. Tip = drive signal, Ring = Earth. I rigged up the same thing for my Gemini 3 and it worked fine."

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the suggestion and link. I posted it over there and Carl answered the question.
Here is Carl's reply in case some one here ever needs this info in the future.
"The sleeve is not used. Tip = drive signal, Ring = Earth. I rigged up the same thing for my Gemini 3 and it worked fine."
Glad I could be of some help Garren.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread