How???

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bad andy i walked the creek yesterday for about 2 hours it has cliffs on both sides abot 50 feet high that are colapsing into the water. it goes right buy miamisburg mound, and it flows into the maimi river. id id not find one piece i looked very hard.
also how far will they migrate from a river. because there are some field about 3 miles from the river that are now plowed, thanks.

Upvote 0
P

pickaway

Welcome to creek hunting.Just keep at it youll find something sounds like your in the right area.

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
My best creek has had high water come down it twice so far, completely changing it each time. Still all I have found is performs, scrapers and a few more possible hardstone pestle type things. No good points or axe heads. :'(

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Sorry Trevmma, I just read this post. If you have permission to hunt those fields GO FOR IT! Indians didn't have locations where they didn't go. They went everywhere and left artifacts as well. Does that creek have a muddy bottom, or a rocky one?
badandy

OP
OP
trevmma

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a rocky bottom

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
That's what you need! If it's rocky than it's an old creek and points will be in there. It may take a few hunts before you start to find'em, but there in there for sure.
badandy

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
trevmma said:
a rocky bottom
HEY there are so many creeks and streams around here it would take a lifetime to search them all but I am determined to fihd something. One day when i was just out walking the hills I found this celt in a shallow stream,but I wasn,t looking for it .I,ve walked the creeks since I was a kid lookin for snakes and crawdads, fossils now I,m going to keep an eye out for artifacts as well. Do you live near Paint creek? I take my kids to Paintcreek lake to camp and fish. good luck in them creeks. ORH

Attachments

• Picture 14.jpg
    Picture 14.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 203
OP
OP
trevmma

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no , but im going that way this weekend. my mother and father in law gold prospect there and found a nice point stuck in her dredge. so badandy please give me some hints i want to find some in a creek please

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread