Howard Park and Manatee Beach

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went last week to Howard Park in Tarpon Springs. Nice beach but the swimming area is mostly grass with a muddy bottom. Only a few sandy little trails go out into waist deep water and I only found the two pictured pieces of jewelry. The diamon stone might be a Zircon as it doesn't have any scratches on the surface. Will have a friend who has a diamond checker test it. The heart shaped locket is 14K. Only a few coins found.
Went to Manatee County Beach last Sunday and it was high tide with the water clarity very clear. Could see where other TH'ers had been there before me from the numerous holes dug in the shallow water out to chest deep. They didn't get it all as I found a few clad coins. I have a few sites laid out that I plan to visit now that the weather is cooling that most TH'ers overlook, I hope. It was a long drive but the weather was nice and it beat being at work. I look forward to the day when I'm Retired and can hunt the west coast beachs whenever I choose. Happy hunting.

Attachments

• MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 450
Upvote 0

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
FLauthor said:
Went last week to Howard Park in Tarpon Springs. Nice beach but the swimming area is mostly grass with a muddy bottom. Only a few sandy little trails go out into waist deep water and I only found the two pictured pieces of jewelry. The diamon stone might be a Zircon as it doesn't have any scratches on the surface. Will have a friend who has a diamond checker test it. The heart shaped locket is 14K. Only a few coins found.
Went to Manatee County Beach last Sunday and it was high tide with the water clarity very clear. Could see where other TH'ers had been there before me from the numerous holes dug in the shallow water out to chest deep. They didn't get it all as I found a few clad coins. I have a few sites laid out that I plan to visit now that the weather is cooling that most TH'ers overlook, I hope. It was a long drive but the weather was nice and it beat being at work. I look forward to the day when I'm Retired and can hunt the west coast beachs whenever I choose. Happy hunting.

Tarpon Springs, I see it on the map! ::)

And that's a big 10-4 to be able to hunt the beaches whenever I choose. More than one has that dream! :o

Nice locket. ::)

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Nice finds. :) :)

I've hit Howard park many times this summer. It a nice quite beach. Found some keepers there back in July.

Really enjoying the hunting this year, Wife and I looking forward to those days when we can just go on a whim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread