OP
R

Ranger121

Apr 7, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites Amphibian II
Bounty Hunter
Just thinking while sitting here reading and thought I'd get your thoughts on a couple things. Here on Maui, since I've came on June 23rd anyway, I've seen one other MDer actively working the dry sand. I've heard from friends that they've seen a guy with one of "those things" on such and such a beach but generally speaking, very few hunters anywhere, and none at all in the water.........but, if that's the case, these beaches oughta be loaded with clad, cheap costume jewelry, some good stuff and more trash than I've seen. Believe me, me and the kids cover a lot of beaches and a lot of shoreline each week. But we don't seem to find what I'd expect, given the few THers sighted. Could there be nightowl type guys out there? I'm often on the beach at 6:30 AM, alone. The resort beaches are especially hard to find treasure, the beaches frequented by locals are better. HMMMMM. My plan is to get out in the water with snorkel gear, Excaliburs and scoops. When the fun fund grows a little more.

Gold_pinger

Mar 3, 2004
Yep there are night-towl hunters on Maui, I go there several times a year.
As well as many of my buddies. We rent a room at a hotel for a couple days
and hunt all nite both the water and dry sand. We stay away from the locals beaches
at nite (they will steal you blind) Thats why you find stuff at the locals beach and not much at the hotels beaches. If your not afraid of the dark (and feeding sharks)
Maybe we can get together next time i'm over maui way
Aloha G_P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread