Howdy - first post just introducing myself

CWTowns

Apr 23, 2008
Lafayette Co
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself :thumbsup:

I've been lurking around the forum for quite a while and just recently received my Detector (Ace 250), I'm just getting started and definately still learning but if anyone in the metro area wants to get together let me me know.

Im also looking for information on clubs in the metro area (im actually closer to Boulder). I've heard of Eureka, but are there any other clubs in the area?

goldenlady

Mar 5, 2008
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Strike
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi and welcome.

There's a good Club out of Ft. Collins, CO. They do quite a few field trips. Their name isn't coming to me right now but you can find it on the internet under Metal Detecting Clubs or Treasure Hunting Clubs. Sorry I can't think of it.
I do belong to a really good Club here in Colorado called the Gold Prospector's of Colorado. They are located out of Colo. Springs and have a lot of metal detecting members. If your able to travel to the Point Bar area along the Arkansas River May 9th, 10th or 11th they are having Let's Go Goldpanning (annual event) and you can meet a lot of prospectors there. It's free camping. It's held at Wellsville, about 5 miles south of Salida. You do not have to be a member of the Club to go to this and it's open to the public. If your interested let me know and I'll send you directions of how to get to it.

I really do recommend you looking into the Ft. Collins Club cause they are nice people.

Goldenlady
(Shawnee)

OP
OP
C

CWTowns

Apr 23, 2008
Lafayette Co
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Are you talking about the Rocky Mountain Prospectors and Tresure hunters club? http://rmpth.com/

I forgot about that one too! I looked them up last year when this bug bit me ;D

Please send me the information on your annual event, Im not sure if I will be able to make it but i would like to have it handy just in case.

Thanks

goldenlady

Mar 5, 2008
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Strike
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes and Thank-You....went in and looked and it is the Rocky Mountain Prospector's and Treasure Hunters Club. As I said they are a good Club to belong to.

How to get to Point Bar:
US 50 W. Mile Marker 227-- Directions: The placer is located on the Arkansas River about 4 miles on Hwy. 50 below Salida. If coming from Canon City turn right 2.2 miles past Swissvale at the Wellsville Rd. Coming from Salida, turn left 4 miles at the Wellsville Rd. Wellsville signs are posted coming from both directions. Cross the river and follow the road over the railroad tracks. Keep to the right on the good gravel road. Follow the tracks, go about 2 & 3/4 miles and go under the tracks. Road will start to get rough. Left turn for Point Bar area and right turn for the Woody # 1 claim which is also open for this event. Bring campstove as no open fires. Great area and a fun event to meet lots of people.....and it's all free. !!

Goldenlady
(Shawnee)

hagerman

Mar 17, 2008
Oregon
Welcome to tnet.
im not in colorado yet but i cant wait to get back there.
Let me know what you think of that ace. i am looking at getting a better MD in the future and i have been looking at the ace 250.
keep us updated on your finds there in colorado.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread