Realtors

Noir

Greenie
Apr 8, 2008
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT-300
I was thinking about places to hunt and came upon this idea. Has anyone researched the house market for old houses 1800's-early 1900's that are for sale and contacted the realtor about MD'ing on the property?

I found quite a selection of houses built around that time that are for sale. I haven't contacted the specific realtor for that house yet, but a company told me that it is ok if the owner/seller says so.

I figure there might be a good chance that some nice old coins and other treasure could be found. Though some people have told me that it's the inside of the houses that you want not the yards :/

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has done this, and if you did, how'd it go?

~Jeff

denverjoe04

Feb 25, 2008
Denver
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
ive detected on some old properties before...its my favorite...if you get permission...please let me know and ill be your partner lol...should not be too hard to get the okay :tongue3:

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x
I'm hunting a bunch of old farm land 1850's I have over 2000 acres of about 10 different farmlands to cover by winter....

and I don't even have a detector yet. :D :D :D

SEMPER FI :sunny:

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The realators that I have contacted are about as helpful as a "Burr Under a Saddle Blanket". You have to get to the owner. The realator usually has no authority to allow you access to the property for the type activity that you have planned.

Have a good liability waiver ready and ask to get the owners permission in writing or at least on a prepared statement.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions