Hubley Kiddie Toy Fire Engine

gargreen18

Apr 21, 2010
Somewhere Near Spokane
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Elite 2200
Hello there! This is our first time posting here but we (daughter and I) have been lurking for awhile checking out your awesome finds. My daughter is 9 and she loves detecting.

We found this Hubley Fire Engine while we were detecting in the pouring rain, at an awesome new site we found. We live near Spokane, WA and we were detecting at a abandoned farm. We are really, really new to this so we are excited. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• fresh.jpg
    fresh.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 970
  • Clean.jpg
    Clean.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 932
  • flash.jpg
    flash.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 941
Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a great find!!! welcome to treasurent!!!! and HH Chug

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can appreciate Hubley in any condition! Great find!

T

TreasurdiggrNY

welcome.gif Congrats to you and your daughter, good luck!!

Attachments

• welcome.gif
    welcome.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 1,223

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:hello: Welcome to T-Net and congrats on a super find, in the rain no less. Yep, I'd say you and your daughter are hooked for sure now. LOL. There are other members on here that can tell you where you can buy the parts you need to make that a rolling Firetruck again. I believe it would be a worth while investment on your behalf.

Happy Hunting and again, Welcome to T-net.

Desertfox

OP
OP
gargreen18

gargreen18

Apr 21, 2010
Somewhere Near Spokane
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Elite 2200
desertfox said:
:hello: Welcome to T-Net and congrats on a super find, in the rain no less. Yep, I'd say you and your daughter are hooked for sure now. LOL. There are other members on here that can tell you where you can buy the parts you need to make that a rolling Firetruck again. I believe it would be a worth while investment on your behalf.

Happy Hunting and again, Welcome to T-net.

Desertfox

Thanks everyone for your replies! We will look into getting the firetruck rolling again. :icon_thumright:

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it's Father's Day and ya got a chance to do it again...in the rain! :angry1: :angry1: I was looking forward to a nice relaxing day of MD'ing today but, noooo, gotta wake up to rain yet again.
BTW, very nice start there. That musta screamed at you when you ran over it.

OP
OP
gargreen18

gargreen18

Apr 21, 2010
Somewhere Near Spokane
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Elite 2200
OldNBroken said:
Well, it's Father's Day and ya got a chance to do it again...in the rain! :angry1: :angry1: I was looking forward to a nice relaxing day of MD'ing today but, noooo, gotta wake up to rain yet again.
BTW, very nice start there. That musta screamed at you when you ran over it.

I grew up in Seattle and love, love the rain! Detecting in it is a whole different story. We were soaked to the bone and we may decide to hit the spot again today. I had scouted that spot about a year ago on my mountain bike. There were some old bottles there so I knew there had to be something else.

And yes it "screamed" at us! lol We were digging nails left and right and then BAM! There it was.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to Treasure Net and have a great Father's Day with your daughter!

Some history:

Hubley Company -- Founded by John Hubley in about 1894 made cast iron toys. Its earliest products were trains and trolleys powered by live steam, electricity, or spring mechanisms, but he later also added horse-drawn fire trucks and wagons before the 1920s. By 1940 Hubley had become the world's largest manufacturer of cast-iron toys. Hubley also switched to die-cast toys of a zinc alloy due to increasing freight charges and foreign competition.
Don.....

Source:http://www.antique-antiques.com/antique-fire-truck-toys.shtml

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome Hubley gargreen ! Very cool you have your little one into a great hobby. I think your both hooked for life now ! :tongue3:

D.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the truck...some of those Hubley's bring big bucks. Maybe you could have it restored.

NJ

OP
OP
gargreen18

gargreen18

Apr 21, 2010
Somewhere Near Spokane
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Elite 2200
N.J.THer said:
I love the truck...some of those Hubley's bring big bucks. Maybe you could have it restored.

NJ

We still have it and we may look into restoring it. I found some wheels on Ebay for 5 bucks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread