🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A good friend lost his home in the Virginia tornados last night. I mean the home is GONE. Foundation is CLEAN. His safe was thrown about a hundred feet and burst open. Several of us went to help him retrieve his silver. His eleven year old son begged his parents to take him and his sister to a local restaurant. They went. Twenty minutes later, their entire home was GONE.

DSCN2637.jpg

DSCN2644.jpg

Upvote 24

chrisdigs

Oct 1, 2015
Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,Garrett AT Pro,Garrett At MAX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know how you feel, we lost our community to a tornado right before this past Christmas, glad you were able to help out. God bless you guys. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456456445.863836.jpg

Last edited:

CladiatorMax

Nov 1, 2012
Garden Grove, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Sovereign GT / Garrett Carrot / Stavr Scoops
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thankfully they were out of the house and not hurt. So sad, well wishes going out to your friends. Nice of you to help recover what could be saved, very much appreciated I'm sure. Nice contribution to those in need my friend.

CladiatorMax

Nov 1, 2012
Garden Grove, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Sovereign GT / Garrett Carrot / Stavr Scoops
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I know how you feel, we lost our community to a tornado right before this past Christmas, glad you were able to help out. God bless you guys. View attachment 1277640

Glad you're still with us Chris and hope you've been able to recoup your loses and rebuild...thoughts to your family too.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been watching all this crazy weather on TV
Lots of tornadoes this year. Very unusual to get these kinds of storms in February. My thoughts and prayers are with the families that have been made homeless.
Your actions are to be commended.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a tragedy. May God help guide you and all those affected recover from this disaster. Good to see you're putting your treasure hunting skills to helping your very fortunate friend, fortunate in that he and his family weren't in that house when the storm came. Things can be recovered or replaced, lost lives cannot.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been watching all this crazy weather on TV
Lots of tornadoes this year. Very unusual to get these kinds of storms in February. My thoughts and prayers are with the families that have been made homeless.
Your actions are to be commended.
I agree, very unusual this time of year. I'm glad to hear no one was hurt. Hopefully insurance will cover the damages.
We had some crazy weather here last week too. Power was out for 13 hours. I lost 2 trees in the yard plus a few cacti and other exotic foliage. A few blocks west of me a lady had a tree come down on her mobile home and trapped her inside of it. She had to get rescued but didn't suffer any injuries luckily. Several small tornadoes touched down both north and south of me. Crazy for this time of year.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That poor guy, I feel for his loss. Now he has to deal with a insurance co. that won't want to pay what it should.

Fugio

Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Legend, AT Pro, Garret Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I can't imagine...thank God he and his family were not there. Good for you for helping him recover his valuable possessions. I hope your friend and his family make a full recovery from this terrible incident. With friends like you I'm sure he will...

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My heart goes out to that family for sure. The poor little boy did not want to see the destruction going on. I know your community will be reaching out to these families in crisis and helping them to get some semblance of their lives back together.

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least they were not hurt. Good thing they could locate the safe & good thing he has friends like you to help recover whatever they can. Prayers for a smooth transition to/for a new home.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perfect timing with the hungry 11 year old :cake: still an awfully sad situation .
Losing a home is devastating ,most cannot even imagine what the family is up against . I can somewhat relate ,.
I personally received a bad deal from Mother Nature.. Hurricane Sandy damage , what a nightmare ! Lucky compared to this one ,
You are a Great friend parsonwalker,, well done .
CMD

Last edited:

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a total shame on that family losing their home .It was a miracle that they were not in it when that one struck .I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU in helping those people out when they thought all was lost. I hope they have enough insurance to rebuild soon. Have you offered them a place to stay?

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Prayers to the family. I hope y'all are able to find all of the contents from his safe.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
GOOD FOR YOU PARSON AND GOD BLESS THE FAMILIES WHO HAVE ENDURED THIS TRAJEDEY .AS THE STORMS APPROACHED WHERE I LIVE I HAVE 3 CATS INSIDE THAT DISAPEARED SENSING THAT SOMETHING WAS UP FOR ANIMALS KNOW ; MAN I TURNED BLACK WIND KICKED UP AND RAINED LIKE ACOW PEASING ON A FLAT ROCK AND THEN THE WHOLE OUTSIDE TURNED A YELLOWISH TINT AS THE STORMS PASSED. HOPE HE FINDS SOME OF HIS POSSESSIONS AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions