๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A good friend lost his home in the Virginia tornados last night. I mean the home is GONE. Foundation is CLEAN. His safe was thrown about a hundred feet and burst open. Several of us went to help him retrieve his silver. His eleven year old son begged his parents to take him and his sister to a local restaurant. They went. Twenty minutes later, their entire home was GONE.

DSCN2637.jpg

DSCN2644.jpg

Upvote 24

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
parsonwalker

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a total shame on that family losing their home .It was a miracle that they were not in it when that one struck .I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU in helping those people out when they thought all was lost. I hope they have enough insurance to rebuild soon. Have you offered them a place to stay?

Yes. I told him I'd trade his silver for a comfy bedroom. No - kidding of course. He and his family are warm and snug and the process continues. We'll be hitting his yard and woods for the rest of his silver (That photo was just a sample of what we found yesterday) once the debris is removed.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. I told him I'd trade his silver for a comfy bedroom. No - kidding of course. He and his family are warm and snug and the process continues. We'll be hitting his yard and woods for the rest of his silver (That photo was just a sample of what we found yesterday) once the debris is removed.
Hope you find it all before the looters do. Around here after a Tornado the NG is called in and areas are blocked off even to the owners.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You're a great man! It's a wonderful thing you did, but you already knew that. I think this should be up on honorable mention, not that it matters...

Cheers and well wishes to your friend

Steve

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God works in mysterious ways and through that little boy he kept the whole family safe. My prayers go out to them.

Jonnythack

Jun 22, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesio/ minelab XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Devastating, but glad everyone is okay. Great job

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your friend and his family are so fortunate to have a compassionate caring friend like you. When you strip it all down....all the cars and houses and pictures and furniture and clothes. It's all about the genuine and loyal people who are there to help pick up the pieces. The people who drop everything and go help their friends or complete strangers dig through the destruction and find a picture or a coin or a stuffed animal. These disasters are heart breaking and terrible. But it always warms my heart to see how caring and compassionate human beings are when their fellow man is most in need. In a world that is so fast paced and so impersonal it seems....its just refreshing to see people like you being so selfless and giving. From these tragedies some positives always emerge. I know it's tough to see it now but they have their lives and those kids are ok. Thank you for sharing this and my hats off to you for being there. Everytime I start to lose faith in humanity a story like this reminds me that's there a world full of wonderful people. You being one

Last edited:

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was up there today and the place is trashed. It's hard to fathom losing your house but thank god your buddy and his family are ok and your an Awesome friend for helping him finding his silver.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gaurdian angels all around!!!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow P.W. !
That's some serious Damage, I was gonna mention earlier ,I been wanting a Safe for something like this but now I see he had one & still ?.

Def, U deserve an Honorable Mention .

RelicHunter97

Sep 10, 2010
Western Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow - it's amazing that they were able to recover that though. My hometown had a devastating tornado come through back in 2011, and it's the little things like that which allow hope to come though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread