Human Weapon

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll look for the show, but what really caught my attention was the combination of Topic and Author...

Come on... think about it...

'Bean Man' posting 'Human Weapon'

Toooooo phunnnny..... harrrrrr

~sheeweeeweee~

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
GuyInBack said:
I'll look for the show, but what really caught my attention was the combination of Topic and Author...

Come on... think about it...

'Bean Man' posting 'Human Weapon'

Toooooo phunnnny..... harrrrrr

~sheeweeeweee~

Yep...that's funny. I don't care who you are.

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
bean man said:
This is one of my favorite shows right now. This two guys travel all over the world, to different dojo's and martial arts club's, learning from masters and experts. It's a great show for the treasure hunter wanting to expand their self defense. I believe it's on the History channel, on Fridays, at 10 o'clock Pacific.

I also love this show,alot of good stuff you can apply for self defense..if the occasion may rise

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great show. I have to watch it every time its on. I liked the one with the Israeli special forces the best.Those two cats must get paid well for some of the beatings they take.Good stuff.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
So what do we do, tell them "stand back, I'm warning you, I watch all
those martial arts shows & I even saw a Bruce Lee movie once."
Just kidding, I like to see the history behind them too, but I don't think
seeing it on TV one time will do us any good when the chips are down.

OP
OP
bean man

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
For the most part, your probably right. It's just like anything, you have to take from it, what you think could work for you. They show some good stuff on this show.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For what it is ,it is a good show. They do go into the history of what ever fighting form they are taking a crash course in and never clam to master it . They usually lose the matches . Its good entertainment if you like that kind of thing. I watch martial arts matches on TV weekly but I sure don't claim to know any of them. I have seen a couple of people in the past claim to know martial arts but backed down when the rubber hit the road. People who brag about all the stuff they know and how many scuffles they have been in are usually the first ones to duck under the table . At least thats what I have seen. :-\

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
If you're really interested in martial arts, go no further than the phone book and make a call to the dojos in your area. Go down and check them out. Martial arts are about much more then self defense, although that is the primary purpose of many.

I recently started karate and I enjoy it very much. At 41, I wish I had started when I was much younger, LOL!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, I actually called a couple here the main problem is the closest one is 35 miles away. :-\ Its on my to do list before I get to old but with gas prices it a fluctuating schedule it makes it hard. I really like Judo and hapkido but the closest of either one of those schools are about 80 miles away. There are couple of karate schools and an MMA class of some but sort I have not looked into them much. I had a good chance to get into Hapkido about ten years ago but I thought I was to busy. :-\

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
One of the perks about where I live, there are several schools. Technically I'm in Karate, but both senseis are black belts in many styles and we get to learn techniques from hapkido, aikido, ju juitsu, judo, capoiera, and taekwondo. I like judo the best myself, cause you really get to use all your strength, all the time.

Any martial arts are fascinating studies. The bulk of our students are kids age 4-11, the next biggest group is teens, and there are four of us in our fourties, quite a spread! And gals outnumber the guys probably 2 to 1.

So its definately not a bunch of Chuck Norris wannabe's, at least where I live.

I like the movies and shows like Human Weapon (which I haven't seen, thanks for posting this, I'll check it out), but there is a lot more to it than the physical stuff. I train learning that the best self defense is not to be there. I also hope I never have to use it. In the meantime, I have fun with it and get a great workout, both mentally and physically.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread