Hunt for Treasure in your Walls!

rustyrelic

Greenie
Jan 7, 2008
If you live in an old house built or remodeled around 1935-1949 then use your detector and check your walls for old beercans. Construction guys were famous beerdrinkers while on the job, so there can be treasure in your walls! With some rare beercans going for 15,000.00 on up, if the brand of beercan is rare, you could pay off your mortgage! E-mail me with any finds and I will let you know what they are worth and pay you for the cans.
schlitzinwall.jpg

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I woulda never thought of this one...thank you...

OP
OP
rustyrelic

rustyrelic

Greenie
Jan 7, 2008
Rust is not a problem. We have the technology! I use Citric and Oxalic acid. Conetops are the early beercans that could be filled by beer bottling assembly lines, so many of the first beercans were packaged in conetops because the brewery didnt have to buy a entirely new production line to sell a new product. When you find a completly rusty beercan its called a "mystery can" Just soak for a day in a strong citric acid bath and the color lable will reappear after many years of rusty concealment. Its no guarantee, sometimes the sun has bleached the lable before it rusted. If the can rusted slowly over a period of years, without being in the direct sumlight, then it will still have plenty of paint between the microscopic rust cracks. Just experiment with old cans and you will get the hang of it.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No beer cans, but... From my former job I was around a lot of old house demolitions. The walls often contained newspapers and pictures. Newspapers were used for insulation, but I don't know why the pictures were there, but they were, often. Some of the old newspapers were from the nineteen teens ie: 1918, etc and had some very interesting articles. I especially enjoyed the old ads for miracle elixers and cures and the prices of things were unbelievable. Not worth much $$ but very entertaining reading. Monty

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Montana Jim said:
I just tore all my walls apart and found nuthing... who do I send the bill for repairs to?

Look at the bright side Jim, whoever worked on your house was sober! I think I'm going to mention this one to my uncle. He's in the house remodeling/construction trade.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread