HUNT WITH IRON PATCH

cerebus

Oct 9, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Etrac CTX
IP was silly enough to let me back into his hometown so we decided to detect for about 40 hours!! The days were long and hard, being so out of shape a 12 hour detecting day takes it toll on the body! But ya got to take advantage of the time you have and power through. Being late spring it was tough to find fields that were good to go, but IP always had a backup to the backup, then when that didn't work, was pretty damn good at sweet talking the ladies into letting us hunt new fields. :lmao
Got my first 3rd american with loop intact, which was my main hope for the trip. A nice 37th from a field I was suicidal on
:BangHead:. lol. Pewter with crown, not sure of ID though. Not all the kings americans were from this hunt, the worst was from this one, but I haven't posted the pics of them here before and they have all come from hunts with IRON PATCH so just throwing the pic with them all up there. Came out the wrong axis though lol.
We dug a lot of stuff, IP is the man and I always appreciate him putting up with me for a few days. Will be back in early July, any luck we will kick some new sites ass :headbang::hello2:

Attachments

• IMG_0762.JPG
    IMG_0762.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_0763-2.JPG
    IMG_0763-2.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_0764.JPG
    IMG_0764.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0765.JPG
    IMG_0765.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_0767.JPG
    IMG_0767.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_0773.JPG
    IMG_0773.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_0771.JPG
    IMG_0771.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_0769.JPG
    IMG_0769.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_0768.JPG
    IMG_0768.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_0777.JPG
    IMG_0777.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_0776.JPG
    IMG_0776.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_0775.JPG
    IMG_0775.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0781.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_0782.JPG
    IMG_0782.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_0784.JPG
    IMG_0784.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 515
  • IMG_0785.JPG
    IMG_0785.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_0813.JPG
    IMG_0813.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 522
Upvote 13

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds man, but if I may I think the background of the pics. makes them look less desirable than they actually are ?
OK call me a stickler. I like the white of a paper towel for most finds, just makes them stand out more.
Good bunch of finds though, and good that you could find so many sites this time of year, with a quite a bit of planting already done.

OP
OP
cerebus

cerebus

Oct 9, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Etrac CTX
Good finds man, but if I may I think the background of the pics. makes them look less desirable than they actually are ?
OK call me a stickler. I like the white of a paper towel for most finds, just makes them stand out more.
Good bunch of finds though, and good that you could find so many sites this time of year, with a quite a bit of planting already done.
I agree man, this **** took me about an hour and can't redo now!! I like finding, getting it posted stresses me out, don't care if it looks good, glad I pressed the right buttons to get it up there!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great hunt! Thing is I'm the one in shape so why did I get my a$$ beat on military buttons so bad! You've now seen me happy on a great day with a big adrenaline rush, and on a sour one when I was very frustrated! ...with a knee that was falling apart I might add, but I can't blame that on the 5 button trounce you put on me that site because being on level ground I was pretty good again. It is a shame your pics suck so bad. :laughing7: ....because it doesn't show how good some of that stuff is... especially the nicer Navy button, and that 1820 Trade and Navigation token. Tomorrow you should try and get a few good individual pics to add. And the curling sportmens button, that is just too cool. Dumb sport, but an old dumb sport. Looking forward to the Summer hunt, and not sure where you'll dig the King's button this time, but I sure would not bet against you!

OP
OP
cerebus

cerebus

Oct 9, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Etrac CTX
Another great hunt! Thing is I'm the one in shape so why did I get my a$$ beat on military buttons so bad! You've now seen me happy on a great day with a big adrenaline rush, and on a sour one when I was very frustrated! ...with a knee that was falling apart I might add, but I can't blame that on the 5 button trounce you put on me that site because being on level ground I was pretty good again. It is a shame your pics suck so bad. :laughing7: ....because it doesn't show how good some of that stuff is... especially the nicer Navy button, and that 1820 Trade and Navigation token. Tomorrow you should try and get a few good individual pics to add. And the curling sportmens button, that is just too cool. Dumb sport, but an old dumb sport. Looking forward to the Summer hunt, and not sure where you'll dig the King's button this time, but I sure would not bet against you!

I wish u would have done the big post before I left!! Lol. I will try tomorrow, first time I posted pics here, do they look just as bad at the other place?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish u would have done the big post before I left!! Lol. I will try tomorrow, first time I posted pics here, do they look just as bad at the other place?

They are too small... can't click to enlarge. I really would have liked to do that post but a tough task getting all that together after digging all day. Had I known you'd suck so bad at posting I would have taken some real good shots of some of the stuff! :) ....but I am thankful. because it makes it look more even. ;)

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh man! I read the title and thought this was a contest with the winner hunting with IP:icon_scratch: I was gonna enter Vino in it:BangHead:

Lots of goodies in your pics. They should be the focus of the discussion and not the presentation. We are a treasure forum, not an artsy fartsy forum:tongue3: You just keep on doing what you're doing....looks like it is working to me!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man! I read the title and thought this was a contest with the winner hunting with IP:icon_scratch: I was gonna enter Vino in it:BangHead:

Lots of goodies in your pics. They should be the focus of the discussion and not the presentation. We are a treasure forum, not an artsy fartsy forum:tongue3: You just keep on doing what you're doing....looks like it is working to me!

Unfortunately all his finds were legit! :(

Last edited:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent set of finds. That's a lot of detecting in a short period, and a lot of relics, period. Lol

Thx for posting

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats you two!
Goodbye winter awhile ...hello goodies.
Really nice mix of recoveries.
Them were some mega hours put in, but they paid off.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunting with Iron Patch:icon_scratch: You must have been desperate:laughing7: But the finds certainly made up for the company.:thumbsup:

SS

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, you can have him! :laughing7: I have no problem with keeping more buttons for the good guys!
To late you showed him the site now, wave goodbye to your buttons. You seem to find a lot of those pewter buttons in your neck of the woods, don't think I have found one yet on my travels.:dontknow:

SS

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
Congrats. You found some really nice stuff. That 37 button looks like a 37th regiment of foot (North Hampshire). I've read that style is pewter (mostly here), but also read from sites they are copper alloy, silvered. Most seem to suggest 1790 to 1810. Iron patch knows about them. Great finds there! Those crowns are sweet...anchors too.

Attachments

• 1463645502222.jpg
    1463645502222.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

PBR

Nov 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice finds. Looks like yall had a great hunt. Id love to hunt with IP. He seems to be very knowledgeable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread