photo 5.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 4

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job and nice ring too...

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found my last silver ring like that too! Last target was about to turn off the machine. Looks like a great day, nice ring!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... literally 10 steps from the truck after calling it a day, a sterling ring!

I've been working on a theory about this phenomenon. Been noticing it more and more lately. Here and in my own hunts.

Always seems to involve a great find, like yours are, and almost always within feet of the car.

I think it's that when we show up, full of the treasure hunting spirit, we sort of have a plan for where we want to concentrate our hunt. We get out and start toward our spots, tuning the machines as we go. In a hurry to get way over there to that perfect spot we're envisioning.

On the way back out, worn out by all the pull tabs we found "way over there". We half swing, half drag our detectors back home. Causing it to go across signals we skipped coming in, that we REALLY don't feel like digging anymore. We give in, "one last target", and bingo! Ring! :)

HH!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been working on a theory about this phenomenon. Been noticing it more and more lately. Here and in my own hunts.

Always seems to involve a great find, like yours are, and almost always within feet of the car.

I think it's that when we show up, full of the treasure hunting spirit, we sort of have a plan for where we want to concentrate our hunt. We get out and start toward our spots, tuning the machines as we go. In a hurry to get way over there to that perfect spot we're envisioning.

On the way back out, worn out by all the pull tabs we found "way over there". We half swing, half drag our detectors back home. Causing it to go across signals we skipped coming in, that we REALLY don't feel like digging anymore. We give in, "one last target", and bingo! Ring! :)

HH!

It's a well known detecting trait that when entering a field, many people walk out some distance before they turn on the machine. Partly because gate entrances are full of junk. But those that try those gate entrances have sometimes been rewarded with the best finds. ie. I know of many a hoard found in these spots.:thumbsup: That is why you should grid every inch.
However, the best find on the way back to the car after 5 hours gridding is a lot harder to explain (happens quite a bit to us).:icon_scratch:

PS. A silver day is always a good one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread