Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This year, NYC Parks and Recreation increased the number of parks we can hunt from 35 to 162. Quite a few of the new parks don't contain much land and are really small neighborhood corner parks with benches and shade trees. The park I hit yesterday is only 5 miles from my house. It took close to an hour to get to it because the traffic was bumper to bumper.
Well, when I got to the park, I broke out the E-Trac and started to swing the coil over the soil. There are a few acres of grass the surround the Handball and Basketball Courts, aso well as the bench areas.
I gave it 2 hours. This park is undergoing renovations. The soil I was digging in is fresh imported black soil and is pretty much pull tab free. There were no deep signals and mostly surface clad. I did get on perfect "Silver Dollar Signal."
The E-trac was saying, " 1-43, 1-43, 1-43."
I tried not to get my hopes up but I couldn't help but go into wishful thinking mode. It turned out to be a plated buckle. I did manage to pull 35 coins including a coin I think is Chinese in origin. It has a number 10 on it.
Any help with the I.D. would be appreciated.

IMG_4522.JPG IMG_4514.JPG IMG_4512.JPG

IMG_4516.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4514.JPG
    IMG_4514.JPG
    377.6 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Upvote 15

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for sharing your finds with us. Kudos to the parks dept. Hope you do well with the additional locations opened.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt. I'm amazed at the number of parks you have to hunt. In my small hometown we have one that gets pounded by everyone, especially after the carnival rides are gone.
Johncoho...at least you have the privilege of hunting the areas where the carnival rides were...not only are our parks off limits, which ATW is helping to reverse, but the midway and concession areas are off limits too, leaving just the PARKING LOT to hunt...nice...their excuse is that the local Boy Scouts hunt the midway area for their detecting badge (one day a year), and they want plenty of coins available for them to find...the average age of the Fair Board members is around 95, and they abhor change...I'm hoping the fairgrounds is considered a park, and that will be available to us also after ATW helps us gain permission to our parks...ddf

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you punch the modern trash barrier with that Etrac you gonna have some nice finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread