Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If all that fails, contact the FBI in your state. If that fails, contacts your two U.S. Senators. Good luck and God bless you.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wouldn't take it upon myself to go out and start digging around. You could very well inadvertently destroy valuable evidence. But in this sort of case, if you're up against a wall, any idea would be worth a look. All that in mind, Oddjob nailed it with the cadaver dogs. I have worked with them before, they're very good, very quick, and overall amazing. Plus they're not that intrusive to the crime scene. If they did alert, that should be enough to get techs out there and properly handle processing of the site.

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#25 If it is not necessary for the authorities to do their work, it remains only to wait or to do something himself for them! sorry! But the act is worthy of respect!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are referring to my post, #27, indeed his act is worthy of respect. I have 25 years of experience in crime scene preservation and investigation, if he goes out doing random digging and poking around and wonder of wonders does discover a buried victim, which I suspect won't happen, there is a potential to harm the case. IF he goes about in a non-intrusive manner, and stops at the first possible evidence, maybe ok. If he goes further than that, defense attorneys will jump on that in an attempt to get any evidence found kicked out, and may be successful. A cadaver dog is the best route to go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions