Needles

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a spot by the tracks and my Garrett went nuts but there was a hazard near by. Needles all over the place so i walked away but my partner didnt. He found a ton of change but i wont detect those areas.. Years ago i got stuck by one and went to the doctor with it for an exam. The doc looked at it and determined it was old and didnt think there was a problem but he kept an eye on me cost $$$$. Be carefull out there.

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang! Good reminder to be aware of our surroundings!

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would have to agree with you that the risk is not worth the finds unless it is silver and there is a way to maybe drag the needles with magnets first to clear some from the area. All it takes is one with the wrong thing and you could be fighting something that you might not ever be rid of. Balance the risks against the gains.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good gloves help as well as using your digger to probe for the target rather than your hand. I am very allergic to ant bites so I have to be careful to always wear gloves and to look at what I am digging into before I do it.

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder if a call to the local health department would accomplish anything?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

cache finder

Dec 23, 2015
SF Bay Area
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would have to agree with you that the risk is not worth the finds unless it is silver and there is a way to maybe drag the needles with magnets first to clear some from the area. All it takes is one with the wrong thing and you could be fighting something that you might not ever be rid of. Balance the risks against the gains.

Hypodermic needles are surgical stainless steel so a magnet would not work. Take a rake or something, they also make puncture proof gloves, but if it's just for clad I wouldnt bother.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ain't got no time to collect bacteria or disease

Ima digger

Apr 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A city worker in a nearby town was working a truck that sucks up leaves, and I understood it was close to a city park. Anyway he got stuck by a syringe and had to be treated for hepatitis. I'm not sure how sick he got. This is a good reminder, I had forgotten that. Be careful out there, Ima

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread