Hunting in Pin Point mode on ace 250

luciddream

Greenie
Jan 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after some time with my ace 250 (A good amount of time, over 2 weeks)....I come across something I have never seen before on the net regarding the Ace 250...I LOVE hunting in Pin Point mode rather than the swing ding method....That means, putting your coil up in the clear air and pressing pin point button, holding that pin point button, then bring the coil towards the ground....Something really awesome happens at this point...You sort of get this real-time feed back as to the Earth below you. You can almost see what you are looking it..The size of it, the closeness of it. Then you can look up and release the pin point button, this is the important part..Sweep your coil over the item you just identified when using pin pointer. Check out what kind of reading it gives you. This can tell you some CRITICAL information about it... I seriously am excited about coming across this. Not much on the internet about doing that...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you've found a better way of MD'ing with it!

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I saw someone doing that I would probably wet myself laughing.

OP
OP
L

luciddream

Greenie
Jan 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So judging from some replies, this is a method that is used by others...All metal mode yes, but I mean, you can easily take your finger off the pin point button and swing ding it to see what the reading is...Really sped up my searching...YOu have a better feel for what's under the ground in my opinion.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your basically using a technique termed "reverse discrimination". It's the same technique most use in an Excalibur beach hunting and how I'm starting to use more when I hunt on land with any machine I use. It is possible to tell many times what the target "may" be once you use this method for a while. Many machines have a toggle switch or button you can select for AM which makes it nice not to have to hold a button down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread