Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
The only time I hunt in direct sunlight is during winter fall or spring. I never go in summer during the heat of day. Lots of reasons for that.

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wish I had 90º to hunt in.

Well you said at the beach, so I say hunt. If you start to get hot, you can always take a break and go into the water to cool off.

Keeping you clothes wet keep you cool. Wear a hat/bandana that will shade your neck and face.:toothy2:

GL & HH

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm with ticm on that one.Even as I don't beach hunt I still try to keep out of the direct sun during the hot days of mid summer.That mid day sun will rip the hide off ya :sunny: I tend to do most summer hunts in the shade if I can or if not I'll take little breaks,get in the shade,cool off and drink plenty of water.
I consider water to be just as important to take on a hunt then my detector or digger no matter what the weather is...........................................................

Gunny71

Jan 14, 2009
Texas by Gawd
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heat really cuts down on my detecting. Here in Texas now its 81 degrees at 9:30 AM and will be at 97 by three. Wont drop below 91 until after dark. Gotta go early early in the morning or not at all.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I never hunt in the sun.......... I like nice cool weather even cold weather..........That's why i live up north and when i vacation i just go to Canada.........Years ago i lived in Flordia for about a year that was enought came back up north........ never went south again.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread