Hunting Martha's Vineyard - Equipment Help?

KBald77

Aug 31, 2017
Seattle, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi y'all,

New to the site but starting to get into searching for old relics/coins/jewelry what have you. Im on Martha's Vineyard for the next week visiting in-laws (so trying to get out of the house) and wasn't able to bring a metal detector with me from the West Coast. Does anyone happen to know if it is possible to rent a metal detector, and if there is a place of Martha's Vineyard to do so? If not, anyone have alternate advice on how to comb through a beach to look for coins and such without a detector or equipment? I know that would kind of change the subject of this post, but I would like to make full use off my time on such an old island to search for old coins especially. Any tips on going at that with little to no equipment if Metal Detector rental is unavailable is very useful.

Thanks everyone!
KB

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there ARE A HANDFULL OF GUYS THAT live out there and HAMMER IT OUT THERE - it might be tough for a newbie - I may be going out there next month sometime
but ive been at it for 40+ yrs but even then it might be tough
there were a couple of land guys doing good at old spots and a few beach guys also but have not seen any of them post lately

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you can borrow a detector, you will probably be doing eyeball hunting.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions