Hunting Road After Tear-Up

natepen

Feb 21, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The city finally decided to put in curbs for the first time on my road and I knew I had to hunt it because it was my great-grandfather's farmland before the roads were even paved. Just seconds into the hunt I found a crusty penny but got excited after seeing that it was a 1917 wheatie. I was ecstatic cause I was in a wheatie slump for months. She's not pretty but she's my oldest. The back is completely unreadable but I'll take it!
IMAG1782.jpg
Not to far off I got another hit. Down a few inches was pieces of a 50's toy pistol. I was hoping that this was my dad's infamous Roy Rogers toy gun that he's lost as a child and still talks about it today but it ended up not. Oh well.
IMAG1786.jpg IMAG1787.jpg
I scanned just a few feet away and pulled up a broken Mason jar lid and some weird spoon.
IMAG1784.jpg IMAG1785.jpg
Not to long after the rain started and had to end my endeavor. So all in all not really quality pieces but interesting none the less knowing that these potentially could be items used by my great grandfather. No complaints here. I'll itching to get back out there as soon as the sun is back out.

Nate

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions