Hunting the site of the first settlement in PA.

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Spent the afternoon with the SE PA Historical Recovery Group detecting a couple very old spots here in SE PA.

tinicum 001.JPG

tinicum 002.JPG

tinicum 006.JPG

tinicum 007.JPG

Despite the great age of this area, not a single old coin was found. A few clad coins and memorial pennies and a silver earing were found.

We then moved to an old, nearby Boy Scout grove to try our luck.

tinicum 003.JPG

Here are some of the guys:

tinicum 004.JPG

We did manage to find a couple of these Boy Scout Bolos:

tinicum 010.JPG

And at least one silver dime was found there:

tinicum 008.JPG tinicum 009.JPG

Upvote 0

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a couple of great hunting locations. Dirt gets moved a ton over the years. I recently hunted an old WWI site that I knew the exact location of. Had the 15 inch WOT coil on my Sovereign and was pulling stuff from 12 to 18 inches with regularity. It was slow going at those depths. It would take me about 10 years to hunt the 4 acre lot that I was on at the pace I was having to go at that depth. So much soil had been moved in that short of time that the good things are so deep it is almost not worth the effort. I said almost! I will go back.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
too bad about Gov Printz park. i thought you guys would have pulled a few keepers. sorry i didnt make it out but ive been sick all week. :'( hopefully i will make it out next week.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Hey, why didn't anyone tell me??? I left cause I was getting tired of digging pennies!!! Well, that and the fact that I've been spoiled the last few weeks. I've hardly dug a pulltab and yesterday I was digging them left and right!!! Glad you guys found some good stuff.

OP
OP
skierbob

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Sorry, Deb. It was after 4:00, when we were back at our cars and ready to leave, that I told them about the nearby Boy Scout grounds. You and your hubby had already gone by then. They all wanted to go check it out. We ended up detecting for another two hours in the grove. It wasn't all that great, though. Nothing compared to your hot spot. HH

Bob

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
I always wanted to hunt the island. Oh, and sorry about the tabs guys. That was a hang out where the cops didn't bother you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread