VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We are beginning to hunt a little. Doug & I hit a Gen. John Hunt Morgan C.S.A. camp on Monday. I returned there solo on Tuesday. My few finds from that hunt are shown in the pic with the brass spur. I have made a few scouting trips but nothing promising so far. Josh has been digging a few relics & buttons as his work schedule allows.
After scouting two sites yesterday morning without promising results, I went to a nearby site that the Trio lightly hunted about 3 years ago. I thought that we may have overlooked a few relics because of the soil being dry that spring. This site is between two U.S. Infantry camps & near a good water source. We call it the “Triangle”. My finds from a 2 hour hunt yesterday and a few hours this morning during the rain are shown on the paper towel. I do enjoy digging those dropped .69s. Attn. F75 users-some of the .69 cal. “Big Boys” were 9 in. deep & read only a “12” on the display but had a good tone. Moisture content was ideal.
The campfire lead, square nails, & utility knife validate our feelings that was indeed a camp for a short period & not just a resting area near fresh water. All 3 of the “Triangle” camps were issued different caliber weapons. The camp I hunted today used mainly .69 cal. rifles (early war), one camp used .58s, & the third camp had .54s.
The only eagle button I dug had a damaged face. Unfortunately, most of the buttons dug in fertilized fields will be in poor condition from now on.
The campfire lead that looks like a horse face in the pic is interesting but just a coincidence.

Thanks to those on Tnet who watch our videos. You helped us hit a milestone 15,000 views with 176 subscribers. HH from the Trio, Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN1350.JPG
    DSCN1350.JPG
    455.5 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN1351.JPG
    DSCN1351.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCN1338.JPG
    DSCN1338.JPG
    242.8 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 9

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on another successful hunt! I really appreciate you taking your time to shoot videos, plus adding GREAT music and photos. :thumbsup: After listening, I had the need to watch an old spaghetti Western!

:)
Breezie

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Enjoyable stuff as always from you, Q. Lovin' that spur . . .

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks IDI, Nana (I wish the horse was soldier made), Richard (Old Stonewall), Breezie, & PW. PW, I wore that little spot out but the other spur end just wasn't there. That site has been hunted hard. HH all, Q.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's about time for you to dig another banner MM. I'll mail the CW metric wrench to you-LOL. Stay thirsty my friend, Q.

Thanks Buddy.
BTW- I was in an antique store yesterday up here in Indiana and found an old magazine with you on the cover. I was going to buy it, but they said it was "priceless" and didn't want to part with it. LOL.

Attachments

• IMG-20141101-00926 (2).jpg
    IMG-20141101-00926 (2).jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Buddy.
BTW- I was in an antique store yesterday up here in Indiana and found an old magazine with you on the cover. I was going to buy it, but they said it was "priceless" and didn't want to part with it. LOL.
Yes, that's me & I'm standing on the part of the horse that reminds me of the the 2 "Dougs" I know-LOL. HH, Q.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 69 cal is just one big bullet. Can you imagine carrying a pouch of them and was the 69 used in a smooth bore only? It seems that the few I ever find have ram rod marks. Fun hunt. Just now catching up. Be careful Muzzleloader is coming Saturday. I like the picture of you on the horse.

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a chunk of lead! One of my favorite to find. Imagine hauling a pack of those puppy's in a cartridge box all day.

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Finds Quindy, I always like detecting after a good rain, it definitely brings out the better tones. Love the video, Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread