πŸ₯‡ BANNER Hurricane irma uncovers 1733 treasure fleet coin, on Friday the 13th !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woooo hoooo !! I got one !! A big old fat, chunky, full size, dated piece of eight cob !! Took 5 hunts after the hurricane to get a cob. Only been out of the sand for an hour. Beautiful low tide hunt at the hurricane hole, wasn't there 45 minutes before I got the cob. Found another strap keeper from the wreck too. What a great morning. photo-676.JPG
photo-677.JPG
Im almost certain this coin will clean up incredibly well as it is a full size piece with a bold strike. Pretty sure its dated 1732, and was pulled from high ground by the hurricane. I found it in ankle deep water at mid tide. Woo hooo !! Got to clean the old girl up. Friday the 13 th was pretty darn lucky for me so far. Nice odd shaped piece. Looks like it came from the middle of the bar !!

Upvote 133
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BigBoom

Feb 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab E-trac,
Minelab Sovereign XS2a Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible find. Hope you find more :icon_thumright:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on finding a piece of Florida history and on making your first BANNER! :occasion14:
I love the name of your hunt spot too 'Hurricane Hole', you should've used that as the title to your post. :laughing7:

Dave

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is an incredible find. Great for you!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the Banner Bill!! I should have voted Banner but was worried that it would get the attention of some of the Florida officials.

On another note, we should talk because I know of a place you could look where there should be more Spanish coins but you must use stealth. I am busy cutting trees and brush and hauling everything off because I have a Insurance inspection coming up for my' home while dealing with lots of back pain plus a viral infection in my' intestines. Please PM me your phone number and I will PM you mine and hopefully we can talk later.

Frank

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Coin and the Banner!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That cleaned up nice! Congrats on the Banner!:notworthy: To think that a hurricane put it away and then all this time later one that gave all the grief released these treasures. Let's hope some more of these beauties are still out there waiting to be snagged up before they get buried again. Hope your wife enjoys the present!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that thread...........I felt guilty , didn't want to say anything....may lady luck and mother natures fourtunes come your way soon !!!

You should of let me in on your good fortune it would of made my day much better knowing you had scored on that find.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright this is really weird !!!! I decided to read up on the 1733 treasure fleet disaster and this just blew me away !!!! What day do you think that this disaster took place ????? July 13th 1733.......FRIDAY THE 13th......1733. I found this cob on FRIDAY THE 13th !!! Which was also my wifes birthday !!! WTF...... I THOUGHT THAT THIS FLEET SUNK ON FRI. 13TH. I just had to double check and im totaly blown away, the odds are incredible.. this means something !!!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is really freakin me out !!!!

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just don’t find this there next Friday the 13th...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508217332.914851.jpg
HaHa

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Woooo hoooo !! I got one !! A big old fat, chunky, full size, dated piece of eight cob !! Took 5 hunts after the hurricane to get a cob. Only been out of the sand for an hour. Beautiful low tide hunt at the hurricane hole, wasn't there 45 minutes before I got the cob. Found another strap keeper from the wreck too. What a great morning.

Im almost certain this coin will clean up incredibly well as it is a full size piece with a bold strike. Pretty sure its dated 1732, and was pulled from high ground by the hurricane. I found it in ankle deep water at mid tide. Woo hooo !! Got to clean the old girl up. Friday the 13 th was pretty darn lucky for me so far. Nice odd shaped piece. Looks like it came from the middle of the bar !!

Many congratulations on such a sweet find!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude, you are no longer just a metal detectorist... now you're a TREASURE hunter! Big congrats man, that thing is awesome.

Please update us with another pic once it's mounted.

Again, great job!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys its been a real thrill and a lot of fun !! Or should I say reale thrill.

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've not been interested in (nor very good at) beach hunting because newer finds of coins, bottle caps, and jewelry doesn't interest me....but a cob? That sure does....Congratulations on a great find! Leave it to you to find some good out of the storm!

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice snag !!!
I hope things are getting better down there for you all.
Trez

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread