I am losing it...

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...after 44 boxes of halves and 36 boxes of dimes I dont get that "high" when I see a white rim like I used to. I still be like "yay silver...." but not like "oh hell yea silver!"...

Had only 2 sucessful cherry pickings with couple 40%s and a 40% Ike..... never gotten a silver morgan/peace....

Dumpings was hella tough....

I am at that old man's aging period for CRH..... :coffee2:

Did I mention I dont have a car. :whip2:

Think I am going to retire.....after 5 months.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I know what you mean. I've fed off that thrill for 4 years straight. A member on here has coined the new phrase, "bending over a dollar to pick up a dime". That's exactly how i feel.
But, the search has been in my blood for more than 35 years now. Not sure if I can ever completely shake it, or that I want to :-\

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Sometimes I think they should do an episode of Intervention on a coin roll hunter

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
GEOFF said:
...after 44 boxes of halves and 36 boxes of dimes I dont get that "high" when I see a white rim like I used to. I still be like "yay silver...." but not like "oh hell yea silver!"...

Had only 2 sucessful cherry pickings with couple 40%s and a 40% Ike..... never gotten a silver morgan/peace....

Dumpings was hella tough....

I am at that old man's aging period for CRH..... :coffee2:

Did I mention I dont have a car. :whip2:

Think I am going to retire.....after 5 months.

Well, when you go through a skunk streak and when you stumble upon silver, you will get that high again. My dime boxes are unexpected really bad in December and early this month. I wondered where they all went. Then I got a box with 6 keepers earlier this week. The strange part is that the other box which is it's companion as one would expect something didn't have any.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread