Is it good or bad...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I purchased canvas bags about 2 months ago, they have double stiched seams.
they do not have the "stiff" feeling to them anymore, but moreless feel "softer" and "broken in", kind of like a pair of jeans the day after you wear them.

I was wondering for those who have more experiance than I with canvas bags, is this a good thing or a bad thing? I personally like this broken in feeling, but i would appreciate some opinions.

I hope everybody had a silver(or copper) kind of friday!
BuffaloBoy :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless they feel like they are about to rip and drop their load all over, I don't think its an issue.

Personally, I have never had a problem with any canvas bag I have ever used.... and I've reused some of the ones I have for years now.

midntmn

Dec 15, 2011
one of the 13 colonies
Primary Interest:
Other
My bank gives me canvas bags, and like you said, they are well constructed with a solid feel. I use them to carry my many "leftovers" to my coin counter dump banks. They do lose their stiffness, it is just what happens. I have had several that I have had for a few years. I have about 6 or 7 that I use in rotation, both small ( easily holds $500 in halfs) and larger (for $1000). I have never had one break, but the older ones do show signs of wear. They work well for carrying your coins to the bank.

Next time you are at one of the banks where you get your coins, ask them if they have a canvas coin bag they can spare. If they give you one, it is much better than buying one.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input!

My banks do not have canvas bags, I resulted in buying them off the internet in a lot of 10 brand new ones, 24.95+8.50 s/h. Less than $3.50 per bag, and I have plenty of brand new ones. I think that $3.50 per bag is a little investment for a bag which I will hopefully use for a year or more(hopefully several).

This is one of the best things I have bought for this hobby related to storing and dumping coin, makes it SO much easier.

I encourage all CRH'ers to invest in a canvas bag or two... and it is important to get sewn in ties(Thanks for the tip db23, if you read this post). :hello:

BuffaloBoy :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions