sixguns

Oct 19, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am now an "OFFICIAL" MDer

First I need to say thanks for this site. I found it about 5 months ago, became a member about a couple of months ago, and I believe just reading the posts, and the advice from all the members was better than reading my owners manual, or the DvD that came with my detector. I would also like to thank a couple of members who I talked to off line that gave me alot of insight, and personal experiences that made me understand alot. Now to my story...
I was going to purchase a White's XLT, but after reading and talking to several people, I figured I really didnt need that much right now, so I bought a White's PRIZM V on Monday (played hooky from work), had to make up for that by working Tuesday, and today, but left a little early today. Monday, I read my manual twice, watched the DVD twice, so I figured I was ready today. At first I practiced doing some air tests, just listening to the tones, did that for about an hour, then packed up my gear, an old K-Bar with a broken tip for digging, couple of extra batteries, and an old carpenters apron that I had. I live in a fairly new subdivision, but in a really old city, and about a block away is a new grade school. so I thought I would hone my skills there for awhile. walking out of my driveway, I happened to look down and saw a nickle, bent down to pick it up, and it was a 1963, I thought "this must be an omen" and just knew that it would be a good day. Well went to the school, and after digging a few juice caps, poptabs, and a 4in peice of copper tubing, I found my first coin. A 1995 penny. Just your ordinary penny, worth oh about a penny, had to go down about 2 inches for it, but I dont think I would take a $10.00 bill for it. After looking for about 2 more hours, I ended up with several tabs, some wire, and .47 cents (counting my 1963 nickel). I cant WAIT to get out again tomorrow..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I am now an "OFFICIAL" MDer

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first finds. You know to become a really
good member you have to dig lots of trash along with lots of goodies. Please take all your trash
out with you, heck you don't want to dig that stuff again.

You might want to try different coins in a test plot, to see what they sound like and where they are
located on your machine.

Keep at it and keep us posted on all your finds, if you can, please include pictures.

Thanks and again Welcome, HH, Ringfinder

T

TreasureTales

Welcome aboard sixguns. This is a rewarding hobby, both monetarily and historically. Have you got a good set of headphones? And get yourself a digital camera some time soon so you can post pix (I'll have to take my own advice and get one, too. lol) Keep on swingin and postin'

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

6Guns,

welcome to the board.

Lot more than I found my first time out.

Very nice. Hope you find a bunch more.

have a good un...........

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004

Wait until you get that first "real find". Once you dig up that first thing that really makes your heart pound, you won't be able to look at your neighborhood streets the same way again. You will start to look at houses with cinder block and stone foundations as 'possibilities' and will pay more attention to the odd rock piles and broken glass you spot out in the woods. They used to be just old or trashed houses you passed by before, but you'll notice them more now :)

Silverhawk

Oct 6, 2006
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett THD Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Congrats on your first hunt. Keep on posting your finds and don't get discouraged if you don't find any good stuff on some days. We all have off days. In time, the treasures you find will add up and you will have a nice collection. I keep all my finds in a separate stash, just so i can see what the endless hours i set aside will do in the long run. Good luck hunting!

musclecar

Oct 15, 2006
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
White MXT

Another welcome from another "addictee". Get used to your machine, and you will do well. This site has so many great people, with so much information. Don't be afraid to post your finds!

HH

MC

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lots of history there in Kentucky ! You should do well.

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004

nice work! wait until you find your first piece of silver...

silvergirl

Jul 12, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
prizm IV and MXT

;D ;D Welcome to the forum. Be prepared to have fun.I have a prizm IV .I like it alot.It also helps to join a metal detecting club in your area.It's fun to share and to learn from others. HH

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Welcome to TreasureNet, Sixguns! :)

I started out a couple of years ago with a Prism IV....and found some great coins with it...including my first large cent. Don't set the descrimination too high....just descriminate out the iron.....and dig everything! Good luck!

Woodsie

Oct 25, 2006
Northeastern PA
Detector(s) used
XLT by Whites

WELCOME.....You have fallen,,,,hook, line and sinker, Congratulations and again welcome to the site and the hobby.

Tom

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)

Nice to have you onboard Sixguns. As I say to most, Welcome to the addiction!
Good luck on your digs!
~Nashoba~

The Gemologist

Sep 8, 2006
Seattle, WA

Welcome to the start of a beatiful relationship ( that's you and your machine)

I hope you find many and have a great time along the way

Tom

wolfpaw518

Oct 15, 2006
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Sharpshooter II

Don't let them kid ya Sixguns, it's not an addiction...it's not...I can quit anytime I want..really it's not...I can ..I can...quit........not......
...................It's NOT
..................NOT AN ADDIC... ow ............quit

tic tic.....................

[sigh...] :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread