sixguns

Oct 19, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am now an "OFFICIAL" MDer

First I need to say thanks for this site. I found it about 5 months ago, became a member about a couple of months ago, and I believe just reading the posts, and the advice from all the members was better than reading my owners manual, or the DvD that came with my detector. I would also like to thank a couple of members who I talked to off line that gave me alot of insight, and personal experiences that made me understand alot. Now to my story...
I was going to purchase a White's XLT, but after reading and talking to several people, I figured I really didnt need that much right now, so I bought a White's PRIZM V on Monday (played hooky from work), had to make up for that by working Tuesday, and today, but left a little early today. Monday, I read my manual twice, watched the DVD twice, so I figured I was ready today. At first I practiced doing some air tests, just listening to the tones, did that for about an hour, then packed up my gear, an old K-Bar with a broken tip for digging, couple of extra batteries, and an old carpenters apron that I had. I live in a fairly new subdivision, but in a really old city, and about a block away is a new grade school. so I thought I would hone my skills there for awhile. walking out of my driveway, I happened to look down and saw a nickle, bent down to pick it up, and it was a 1963, I thought "this must be an omen" and just knew that it would be a good day. Well went to the school, and after digging a few juice caps, poptabs, and a 4in peice of copper tubing, I found my first coin. A 1995 penny. Just your ordinary penny, worth oh about a penny, had to go down about 2 inches for it, but I dont think I would take a $10.00 bill for it. After looking for about 2 more hours, I ended up with several tabs, some wire, and .47 cents (counting my 1963 nickel). I cant WAIT to get out again tomorrow..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Re: I am now an "OFFICIAL" MDer

sounds like youre hooked! welcome to the hobby and the forum. you wont believe what you are about to find with that prism!

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi and welcome to the hobby

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005

Glad to have you with us, Sixguns! Can't wait to see what you and your new detector will find!

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

welcome to treasure hunting
not bad for your first time

OP
OP
sixguns

sixguns

Oct 19, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I hope to be up there with you "big dogs" in no time, finding all the good stuff...

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome to the forum and to metal detecting. Dig a lot with your detector, and experiment, and research/try a variety of sites. Your chances of success increase as the amount of experience you have with your machine increases, as I believe, at least until you get a very solid grasp on your detector. Good luck, you'll be surprised at how good you'll start to get! HH!

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

Welcome aboard Sixguns,

Glad to have you with us. This is the best metal detecting/treasure hunting site on the web.

You did much better than I did my first time out.

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.

Welcome to the addiction sixguns and glad to see you as a member.
Experience is the best teacher in this hobby.Get to know your detector and it should reward you with some great finds.Sounds like you're off to a good start already.
Best of luck to you out there. HH!

OP
OP
sixguns

sixguns

Oct 19, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Nate and Ron, I have plenty of places to go detect, and after all that I have read here, I know that practice makes perfect....

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer XS and X-Terra 50

Welcome in sixguns, life style errrrrrrrrrrr hobby.

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Six, congrats on the finds and welcome to TNet!!

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL

Welcome sixguns-sounds like your already hooked!Glad your here.Bunch of good folks here.Happy hunting~DM

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Six,

Yep, you're "official", next you'll be addicted. ;D

Off to a great start...Welcome to TN!!

;) RR

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains

Sixguns welcome to the forum and the hobby. Yeah I wouldn't trade the feeling of my first find. And I sure do love this hobby quite a bit.

Good luck on your future hunts. I am usually always looking at this forum every few days. So hope to see you post some pics of some great finds.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome! I do believe you are now officially hooked. Only one thing, you would of loved that XLT! Tsgman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread