I bought a ton of pins!

bubba4289

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit up my local thrift store and paid $2 for all of these pins. First are the political pins. They all have 1980 on the back of them. I have about 10x of each. I cant seem to find anything specific about these pins... Next are a variety of pins. I'm pretty sure These should sell for over $15 on ebay. The only reason I bought these was to check out the political pins. They sparked my interest.

Attachments

• button 1.jpg
    button 1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 291
  • button.jpg
    button.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 295
  • pin 1.jpg
    pin 1.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 287
  • pin 2.jpg
    pin 2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 288
  • pin 3.jpg
    pin 3.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 282
  • pin 4.jpg
    pin 4.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 286
  • pin 5.jpg
    pin 5.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 281

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey - nice for $2.00! Tell us more about that Los Angeles 1912 thing with the bear. Looks fire/police like. Some of those things do very well. Thanks for sharing.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always look through the pins. A fare amount of them are gold. I gave $7.00 for a small bag of pins that had this one in it. I sold this one at auction and it got $68.00 I think? I wished I kept it. I now keep all the gold pins I find if the price is right. The ones I don't keep ( like plastic pins) from the bag lots if that's how I purchased them I give to my daughter, as her and her friends do a fare amount of geocaching and add those to the caches. They'll stay out all night in the summer time geocaching. I've only gone geocaching once as she went on the road with me and we looked for cashes along the way. I will say it's pretty fun. If my girls we're young again I'd do that as a family summer vacation road trip. Now their at the age to be married and that's not happening, they run these poor boys off all the time. I need some grandkids to have some fun with, Like going geocaching.

Folks sell these lot of pins on ebay as geocache stash. You could maybe double plus? ? your money selling them that way, with the exception of the bronze California pin. You need to find out what that ones about. Could be worth something?

Attachments

• safety pins 2.jpg
    safety pins 2.jpg
    865.5 KB · Views: 79
  • safety pins 4.jpg
    safety pins 4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking for info on the Los Angeles pin. The only other one that I've found was on etsy.... They have it listed for $98! I doubt I could get anywhere near that on Ebay. There haven't been any listed, atleast thats what it looks like to me.
Vintage Antique Los Angeles 1912 recognition by BucksCountyVintage
Well there ya go. One item out of the whole lot covers it all and a bunch more. I got a bag of watches out of a grab bag as I saw in the whole lot only one that I wanted. When I see those, I'll buy the bag, take the item I want and hand the rest back as a donation if it's a thrift store.
Not sure why the LA label pin is worth that price, but etsy is giving one to compare if you chose to sell yours for a bit less.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread