I bought my first md today and made my first find!

mclldavidson

Aug 16, 2011
I have my mind set on the Ace 250 but today while in a pawn shop I came across the Ace 150. They were asking 100 but I walked out with it for 60. I found this little kid ring and some old pennies in my yard.
img0785vb.jpg

img0782c.jpg

Upvote 0
And your 1st ring to boot! It's all down hill from here.

Welcome to the insanity!

Welcome to your newest addiction!! .. Good score on the Signet Ring! :icon_thumleft:

Any marks on the inside of the ring? It looks better than a junker kids ring.

SusanMN said:
Any marks on the inside of the ring? It looks better than a junker kids ring.

There is some small writing, I will have to get a magnifying glass and check it out. My house is very old so I am hoping there is a lot more to find, and my yard is 1.5 acres. There is alo a school playground and two parks by my house, people are always out there walking/playing

Way to go now you are hooked .......Good luck trying to quit this hobby now!

Congrats on your 1st find; now you're HOOKED! :thumbsup: Breezie

You made a good pick for first MD, enjoy and welcome to the club--and congrats on the great finds!!!
HH!!!

I agree with Susan, that ring doesn't look costume to me, either. I can't tell, is it gold or silver-colored? Super nice digs!

:thumbsup:
Welcome Aboard and there's more to come if you're serious about "Dirtfishing".

if the ring is 10 k gold --with gold at 1800 per oz - looks like you "paid for" your $60 machine with the first find.'s "scrap value.".

spitfire55 said:
:thumbsup:
Welcome Aboard and there's more to come if you're serious about "Dirtfishing".

I dug a hole about 6 inches across and about 6 -8 inches deep only to find an old rusted shovel head lol

Hey! A double banger, great deal on the machine, and a gold ring! Welcome to the forum, and our insane hobby! :icon_thumleft:

Welcome to the crazy world of MDing. About your 150. There's no real good reason for not getting the 250 instead. I bought a 250 for my wife, then a 150 for my son. Field tested them side by side, and the 150's depth detection strength was just as good as the 250. The only difference is the 250 has a couple more bells and whistles. By the way, nice little ring right out of the gate!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back