Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I visited the recycle area in my building to deposit some cans and plastic bottles. I noticed that someone had disposed of some toys including a cash register bank. I couldn't resist picking it up and shaking it. Sure enough, the distinct sound of coins. The cash drawer OPEN button was broken. I took it upstairs and introduced it to some of my SAFE CRACKING TOOLS. (Hammer and Screwdriver).
Two minutes later, I'm counting up 14 quarters, 2 dimes, and 2 nickels. That's $3.80
Now does this count as an Eyeball Find, a Bank Robbery, or a Cache??
IMG_3578.JPG IMG_3577.JPG IMG_3575.JPG

Upvote 16

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. So, how soon do you think you'll be able to find the child who owns that bank? ;) LOL

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that kinda like taking candy from a baby...[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji12]

HH, Relic Nut

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any way you shake it, it's still a good score. Congrats.

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that kinda like taking candy from a baby...[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji12]

HH, Relic Nut
No matter how you look at it,, some kid's mommy or daddy felt the need to throw it out. I don't feel one bit of guilt.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No matter how you look at it,, some kid's mommy or daddy felt the need to throw it out. I don't feel one bit of guilt.

I'm with you. I just find it sort of funny that after all the work and diligence we do, we're then supposed to do even more research to get something lost, to it's "rightful" owner.

I'm still asking around to find the one who dropped that 1812 half dollar I found. So far, no dice. ;) LOL

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If they leave furniture There Make sure that You Take Each Drawer out And turn it Over You Might Get A Surprise HH Chug:laughing7:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Falls in the category of "trash picker" lol
Good eye
I made the mistake of trying to sell some of my high end jewelry on a closed FB group. I had some "righteous" woman asking if I tried to find the "rightful owner" I at first asked her how exactly do I go about doing that? She informs me that I should post it on FB and ask whose jewelry this is? I felt like telling her under the 'losers weepers, finders keepers law" that I was the rightful owner. I had made the mistake of listing it, that I had found it metal detecting. Another guy started giving me a hard time saying I should sell it cheaper because it "didn't cost me anything" ha lol. I deleted the sales and decided to just go with my original plan of just keeping/hording gold and silver. Maybe twenty years from now it will be worth big money?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of the above, but aint that about all of us AGW? I think something draws us all to the coins in the ground or this case trash. I cant believe I walked past a coin star tonight and now remember I didnt check it.....good find. As for ownership, once tossed in the trash its finders keepers for sure.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd have done the same thing. I was just being a wise @$$

HH, Relic Nut

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha good score!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some "righteous" woman asking if I tried to find the "rightful owner" I at first asked her how exactly do I go about doing that? She informs me that I should post it on FB and ask whose jewelry this is?

Now....why the heck didn't I think of that!?!?! :dontknow:

Post it on FB ! OF COURSE! After all, one of the original owners' grandkids would probably still be around and know every piece that their ancestors might have dropped ! SIMPLE!! Can't belong to me, I just found it! I do wonder though, if that self same woman was walking down the street and happened upon a 5 dollar bill, would she hold it up and say who lost this fiver?

Let's see: FOUND: One 1812, Sitting Liberty Half Dollar. Will owner or relative of same please contact the head of this board to claim. ;)

Hmmmm might just work!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh shoot, that was me. PM me for my home address so you can send it back.

Awww heckfire Skippy!!! Somebody already claimed it! I think his initials were something like O.D. Sorry! He said it reminded him of a nickel he once had. Maybe if you contact him. :dontknow:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Falls in the category of "trash picker" lol
Good eye
I made the mistake of trying to sell some of my high end jewelry on a closed FB group. I had some "righteous" woman asking if I tried to find the "rightful owner" I at first asked her how exactly do I go about doing that? She informs me that I should post it on FB and ask whose jewelry this is? I felt like telling her under the 'losers weepers, finders keepers law" that I was the rightful owner. I had made the mistake of listing it, that I had found it metal detecting. Another guy started giving me a hard time saying I should sell it cheaper because it "didn't cost me anything" ha lol. I deleted the sales and decided to just go with my original plan of just keeping/hording gold and silver. Maybe twenty years from now it will be worth big money?

People can be idiots lol. Sure, a ring with an inscription is possible to trace back to an owner. But nondescript random jewelry finds? Give me a break lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions