大家好我来自中国I come from china

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard to TNET maomaot2 and wish you many great finds with yout T2 while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED
S/E Texas Gulf Coast

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet maomaot2 :icon_thumright:

I look forward to seeing your Finds

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard!

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T-net spans the world...welcome
I did not know that First Texas was exporting to China now.
Can you tell us what your avatar picture is?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tyberos

Greenie
Nov 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
欢迎你!我很高兴认识一个在中国玩detecting的新朋友!我上个月在网路上看到一个中国人在中国用金属探测机,但是我不知道他在中国哪里。可能是东北吧。他的网路名字教 “鬼哥”。他在Panda.tv, 但是我从到那天一直到现在没有再看到他。如果你有一天来美国可能这里的网友会请你去一起玩!

Bugalooob

Aug 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id love to detect China, the great wall and the forbidden city are at the top of the list..do you have any problems with officials bothering you?...I looked all around and can't figure out how to translate my post into Chinese

Last edited:

Tyberos

Greenie
Nov 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id love to detect China, the great wall and the forbidden city are at the top of the list..do you have any problems with officials bothering you?...I looked all around and can't figure out how to translate my post into Chinese

Translated below.

翻译给maomaot2

我很想去中国玩探测机, 特别在长城和紫禁城。你在用探测机的时候城管或者警察有找你麻烦吗?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep posts in English.

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

Tyberos

Greenie
Nov 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep posts in English.

DT2016

Why? If people can't understand the language, they can just move on to another topic. Some of us can understand multiple languages. Why exclude participation from people who cannot communicate in English?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why? If people can't understand the language, they can just move on to another topic. Some of us can understand multiple languages. Why exclude participation from people who cannot communicate in English?
Because it is hard enough for mods to moderate TreasureNet with English allowing multiple languages makes it that much harder.....

DT2016

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Tyberos, your english translation equivalent link isn't working . So if you put it with both, I'm sure it will then be within T'net rules. Thanx for welcoming people in their native language ! Some day I hope to hunt some of those Asian countries :)

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
well if you'd provided the translation, then that would seem to be w/in the rules. Don't get upset Tyberos, the mod's are just trying the best they can to moderate. No one meant you any disrespect. They probably just can't be certain what is said, even if someone purports to provide the translation.

Your input here in the past (translating people's coins, commenting on Chinese history issues, etc....) has been very valuable. It's just that when a mod can't be certain what was said, they can tend to ... uh .... err on the side of safety. They mean no ill-will.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; We welcome everyone here regardless of Culture. we just ask that things be said in English so 99.96% of Us here can understand you and even try to help you. Sometimes the best of us make mistakes. That is no reason to get upset but to use it as a means to politely explain your point as well ok. I look forward to both your Posts & Threads. I'd enjoy learning about Chinese Culture and what it is like to go detecting there. I wish you the best. Welcome to TNET. PEACE:RONB :hello:

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, I visited my wife's family in Chengdu and every day I wanted to metal detect, but I know they'd never let a foreign national dig, let alone keep anything. Good luck, I look forward to seeing your finds!

HH
-GC

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I see nothing wrong with an occasional comment in a foreign language.
especially if there is a translation.

I also see nothing wrong with you or anyone translating a post made in a foreign language
for someone who just came here . as moderators odds are one or more of us are still going to
check the translation just out of habit.

however we do not want to open the door to saying it is ok to post in whatever language ,
and over the long term open the door to this looking like a multi language forum.
(does that make sense ? :tongue3:)

What I'm trying to say is I can think of reasons to allow it. :thumbsup:
and reasons it could open a can of worms :(

a New member posts in a Foreign Language and you see it before us, Your Translation
& even a Friendly Reply to them would be OK . though as mods we will double check your translation :tongue3:

Welcoming a Member in their Native Language would also be OK by me.

But full conversations in any language but English, Though not against the rules
should be avoided , even when translated along side it.
so when members click on a thread, they can be confident they can read what is here.

I Hope this Explains.

as by my understanding we now Know maomaot2 can Read and Write in English
Mandarin no longer seems to be necessary when Conversing with him.

maomaot2 ;
I'm so Sorry Your introductory thread here has Gone off course.
I Hope you haven't been put off by it. and I look foreword to Seeing your Finds
and world. and reading of your Exploits .

Jeff

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread