I dropped my detector and ran to the huge mounds of bottles!

GulfCoastRelix

Mar 2, 2010
Pensacola
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 / Garrett Ace Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was scouting a area today I had visited earlier this year. A field I was going to detect was excavated for either new construction or what looked like possible new sewage pipes going in. In any case we are talking 5 or 6 15FT piles of bottle infestation. And I mean literally bottles rolling down the sides. I don't do much bottle collecting but after I picked up a few pat D coke bottles from 1945 and a Nehi from 1937 I was like oh my. These are all etched glass! I quickly rounded up like 10 or so for further research. I am going back tomorrow rain or shine I'm hoping there's some older ones to be found. I'll be sure to take a picture to post you won't believe it. I apologize if this is a bit off forum topic but a find is a find and you don't get a chance like this very often. Anyone that knows a bit about what I should be looking for from the 30's-40's please let me know as I'm a little cloudy in this department. Maybe I'll find some coins in the process.

Mike

Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothin wrong with postin about a bottle site. Can't wait for the pics.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh ya we need pics for sure :icon_thumleft:

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been reading about theses bottle sites people are finding... and NONE come with pictures... I'll be waiting for the pictures!

I also have been collecting bottle from the various sites I have been to... some day I will post them and get them identified!

Chukers

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
If I found a huge bottle dump I would be doing the same... don't forget to grab any embossed milk bottles if you find any.... which I'm fairly sure you will... If you need any sites to help you to determine what is a good bottle an what is junk...pm me I can send you a link....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread