I.F.O.s from OH have good day despite Mother Nature/UPDATED PICS OF TOKEN

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
I.F.O.'s from OH have good day despite Mother Nature/UPDATED PICS OF TOKEN

I met crazyjarhead up at my honey hole today. The trip up was making me think I must be an "Idiot From Ohio" as some of us in the caving hobby have been called.

When I left Dayton there was barely any snow or ice, but by the time I pulled into the hunt site it was a different story.
IM000801.jpg

We decided to give her a go anyways. The open fields had a couple inches or more of snow and ice which seemed to insulate the ground from last nights arctic temps. Scan the top of the ice, here a signal, stomp the ice and scrape away with your boot was the routine. Ground was easy digging. I scored first with an awesome Union Pacific token from 1934.
IM000799.jpg

That's when we zoomed in on this fairly untouched area. Ron started into an area just inches from where I had changed directions and scored in a big way, I'll let him share his story with you. I found three mercs, 1945, '42 and a '26.
IM000809.jpg

I said to Ron it would be nice to find a silver quarter and not long after, I spied something bigger than a dime shining in my hole.
IM000808.jpg

The take for me was 3 mercs, 1 '45-S quarter, 2 buffaloes(one in the same hole as the '26 merc which gave me a tab reading from most angles), 2 wheats, an awesome token and the usual clad.
IM000810.jpg

NEW Token PICS added
UnionPacificTokenrev.jpg

UnionPacificTokenobv.jpg

Upvote 0

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: I.F.O.'s from OH have good day despite Mother Nature/UPDATED PICS OF TOKEN

Mine was found while hunting property that had an old house on it, that was gonna be torn down for airport expansion. I was hunting near an out building and saw a bunch of old 1 lb. maxwell coffee cans on a shelf in there, so I went inside and grabbed a couple. They still had the lids on them. One of them rattled, and my token was the only thing inside, had a little tarnish ( no cancer ) on it...........NGE

OP
OP
daytondigger

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5

creskol said:
daytondigger said:
I added some new pics of the Union Pacific token up with the story. It's in really nice shape, most alluminum tokens I dig are suffering from alluminum rot.

Those are some beautiful finds .. some of which you just never see! Thanks for sharing those with us!

OP
OP
daytondigger

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5

notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
daytondigger, here is the Union Pacific aluminum token I found in the past, yours is older, mine is 1940..........NGE
That's another fine looking one, congrats. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
daytondigger

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5

wirebender said:
hey I have one of those also!! Mine I inherited it from my grandfather

web.jpg
Sweet, nice little item to inherit.

OP
OP
daytondigger

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5

notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
apparently popular tokens by the looks of it.......NGE
I new U.P. tokens were not uncommon, but I didn't realize there were different dates. I'm not the first to post one here on TNET. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=174232.0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread