Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thursday, Terri and I went creek huntin'. I love hearing the sound of the water flowing. It's so relaxing. I made a short clip for ya, since I now know how do the youtube thing. ;D

[youtube=425,350]mHIyuU86OAI[/youtube]

We found the usual fossils, quartz, old glass and pottery. But I found three rocks that looked quite unusual. They're blue. :icon_scratch: Anyone know what they may be?

100_2254.jpg

Friday, Terri, Lisa and I went to a site that I'm rather fond of. It's a bit of a drive but usually worth it. Looked up and saw the biggest ole moon shining...thought it was neat to have a full moon and the sun going at the same time.

100_2235.jpg

One of my first keeper finds was an old marble! I think Duffy says they're Benny's...from the 1800's?

100_2250.jpg

Got three wheats, an alum religious medallion that didn't quite make it, a partial miners tag, change, lead seal, and a really neat Roy Rogers good luck token.

100_2249.jpg

100_2246.jpg

100_2248.jpg

My favorite find of the day has to be this miners tag. I'm usually thrilled when I find 'em and they have the name of the mine listed on it, but this one not only has the name of the mine, but the name of the miner as well! :icon_sunny:

100_2241.jpg

IMG_8114.jpg

Lisa's the genealogy whiz around here, so I've got her busy trying to get a bit of info on him. Thanks, Leese!!! :-*

Have a great weekend!!

Nana :)

Upvote 0

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds!!!!!!!!!!!

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Nice finds Nana. Glad you got out before this cold wind hit us.
Loved the video, went to sleep listening to the water.
Randy

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana,
I started reading your post, but then fell asleep listening to that rushing water. ;D :wink:
When I woke up I saw some beautiful finds. Congrats on that super tag & token. Very cool.
Those are some neat looking fossils in the upper left of that tray. You must live in a great area to make finds like that.
-MM-

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Great finds ...great places to find em....and being able to grasp the wonder of it all :thumbsup:

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
You have done it again! Outstanding! Great looking creek and fantastic finds.That new coil must really talk to the person on the other end.You,the MXT,and that coil make a super team,of course,the sites available to you are contributing fantastically.WTG gal :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Those are awesome finds Nana. I love that miner's tag. Very cool!!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Very cool assortment of finds, Nana! :thumbsup:

Love the river vid too!! It looks very nice over there. :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loved the creek video :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Sure wish I had something like that around here. ;D Excellent finds...love the Roy Rogers token.

:wink: RR

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW Nana! That Roy Rogers token's really sweet!

I have no idea on the rocks though. . . ???

watercolor

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow just another fantastic day for girls from Bama! I am envious! Its beautiful there! Love Trigger and Roy! Since you are an ace now at the video you goin do a live feed from the Flordia Hunt?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions