I feel like this is a great find BUT I have no idea what it is!

Ktice

Tenderfoot
Aug 17, 2014
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this on my fathers 60 acer farm in the coastal North Carolina area. I am not quite sure what it is I am guessing a buckle or clasp of some sort and appears to be copper or tin. The inscription says ROMA XXVI and it is 1and 1\4 inch in size.
Please note that I AM NOT an experienced treasure hunter or appraiser so I DO welcome any consrustive criticism, opinions, and/or information.
image~2.jpg
photo~2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 6

plugcutter84

Oct 6, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Fisher 1265x
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know but it sure is awesome! Congrats!

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it a replica roman coin ring , or part of one?

Neat find!

OP
OP
K

Ktice

Tenderfoot
Aug 17, 2014
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Mud Hut: its not a ring, I'm sure of that much because it has 2 crimping clasp on the back. I know the pics are not the greatest but try to zoom in on the pic of the back.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Mud Hut: its not a ring, I'm sure of that much because it has 2 crimping clasp on the back. I know the pics are not the greatest but try to zoom in on the pic of the back.
Exactly...crimping clasps... It's a ring.

OP
OP
K

Ktice

Tenderfoot
Aug 17, 2014
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@tiburciovasquez: It is very interesting that you say vintage 1930's because I also found a 1930's CLAPPS medicine bottle about a couple feet before this clasp buckle thing. So I have to say I am impressed! You are very accurate with your information and dateing.

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

tiburciovasquez

Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@tiburciovasquez: It is very interesting that you say vintage 1930's because I also found a 1930's CLAPPS medicine bottle about a couple feet before this clasp buckle thing. So I have to say I am impressed! You are very accurate with your information and dateing.
thanks glad I could help :)

Molon Labe

Feb 4, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could it be a handkerchief accessory? the clasps look similar to that of a Boy Scouts one.

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
Hello,
Right now there are a couple of items on ebay called buttons with ROMA XXVI on them at $6-10 ea..
Good Luck,
Phil

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like a type of watch fob to me

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread