I felt sorry for my old 1280 which I havent used in years, so I took her out.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I felt sorry for my old 1280 which I haven't used in years, so I took her out.

I had this hot lake I wanted to visit and hunt today since the Temperture was suppose to get up near 89 degrees F. I almost grabbed the Tiger Shark, but noticed one of my old 1280's leaning against the wall. I loader her up with batteries, sealed the battery door and headed out. All my detectors have boy names, except this 1280 which loves gold ring and chains. Not to small on the chains though.

Lake was still warm and I stayed out near five hours. I ended up with about $6.00 in clad, 1 IH, 3 Wheats, and some junk earrings, and my first 14 Kt. toe ring. Now why on earth would someone wear a gold toe ring? I almost forgot how to set up the 1280 and with three knobs I had it figured out in five seconds. Volume 8, Sensitivity I could get it up to 7 at this beach. Disc. I set at 2 as that is where it gives a funny beep on a bobby pin.

I had a great day and there was some eye candy enjoying the last bit of summer we'll have in the state till next June.

Upvote 0

gallienus267

Jul 18, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Cobra Beach Magnet Fisher 1270
Re: I felt sorry for my old 1280 which I haven't used in years, so I took her out.

I have had my 1280X for 21 years now. Although its showing its age it still works OK and will find the goods if I'm lucky enough to wonder over something. No doubt though these local lakes see detector pressure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread