I finally got one...Which coins are you still looking for?

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
After a long time of CHR, I finally found a JFK '87P. I've been keeping my eyes open for an '87, and after thousands upon thousands of halves searched, I finally found one.

I still haven't found a Walker. I want to find a Walking Lib so bad!

I'd love to find a commemorative half and of course, a Barber too. I am nearly obsessed with finding a Walker though.

What coins are you still wanting to find?

Upvote 0

Th3Offspring

Aug 29, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my list is pretty much the same as yours except i've filled my book in the "87" slots. Good luck in your hunts and may we both find our walkers lol

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
My list for halves:

Key date walker (1921-D would be nice...), silver proof (either pre-65 or 92-present), a Barber, a seated and a solid roll. Along with finding some British coin in a roll of halves... A silver half crown would be nice... But I'd take a pre-decimal penny.

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took me almost $30k in halves to find an '87. Then found 3 in just a couple boxes (all Denvermint, i think). In that same $30k, I have found 1 walker ('42) and 3 Bennies. No commems and the only foreign was a '74 Balboa. Pretty bland :D

HH,
Legend

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still looking for a 1970 and a silver bicentennial. Others on my list would be a Barber and a Stone Mountain Comm.

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois
Still looking for the 1970 (either mint) as well. I collect the proofs too but that set has a long way to go (circulation finds only allowed). Would love to own a walking liberty in BU condition, beautiful coin. I do have a couple WL halves I have found CRH so I've been blessed that way. (BTW would trade/barter for a BU WL half if anyone wants to talk)

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many coins that I'd like to find. Here are a few that I believe I will find someday:

- Barber half
- Columbian expo half
- Stone Mtn. half

dossier

Aug 23, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only been crh'ing for about a month.. I've gone through about 4500-5000$ worth of halves in that time. Maybe 6000$. I've found and kept 3x1987 coins, not sure about where they're minted, I don't keep them organized except for all the NIFC's in one baggie lol. They're rarely handled, they always look crisp when I find them.

My most intense goal right now is to find a Franklin half! I found a WL in my first week, extreme luck. Must, find, franklin.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I really want to find from a half dollar box that I have not gotten before:

Any type of commemorative(perferrably an older silver one)
A complete set of proofs from circulation(will take a long long time), so far I have like 7 or 8 different dates), newest 2008
A silver proof(1992-present)
silver bi-centennial(already have 2 proof bicentennials)
1970 half dollar, both mintmarks
a complete franklin half dollar set :headbang: ...could happen in my lifetime!
A barber or older half dollar, i have yet to find a barber, I need a haircut too!
1964-d half dollar(I have gotten 11 1964-p kennedies, no denver ones)
a proof 40%/90% silver coin.

Long list, but if I keep at CRH'ing half dollars once in a while, i could very well get one.

:thumbsup:

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^ I have found a 1970 D. Good luck with finding that 1970 half dollar. I think the mint has them stored away with all of the 1975 halves. :laughing7:

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still looking for the 1970 myself. But this week I got 9 1987s and a 67 in $20 of customer rolls at a US Bank I typically avoid going into because the never have any rolled half dollars.

OP
OP
C

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Thank you for all of your replies!

There are tons of coins that I'd still like to find, like the 70 JRK half, but a Walking Lib is at the top of my list.

I'd still like to find a silver S proof.

Anyone else want to chime in?

CPL

Aug 14, 2011
Im still looking for a walker too! Ive found Kennedys, Bens, and a Barber though. I highly doubt that I will ever find a seated half.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only 1 of my 3 boys is into coins. I bought him a Dansco JFK album (including proofs) for his birthday... He searches rolls w/me. So far, we have about 10 proofs, including 1 40% 69S, and most of the NIFCs. It's a blast searching the halves if u have this album. I highly recommend it! Plus, it gives u something to look thru after u edge search 2 skunk boxes from the bank!

My want list:
64 proof
70d
Walkers!
I have only 1 Ben so far.

HH
Baddbluff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread