ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer

Attachments

• 11-26-08 finds.jpg
    11-26-08 finds.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 547
Upvote 0
Clad you got out today!!! ;D

Always good to find a few wheaties!

I really like my vibraprobe, I play in the water a bit so it works out there as well. It has worked great for me and had the same battery for months now.

Attachments

• vibraprobe570.gif
    vibraprobe570.gif
    82.9 KB · Views: 392
Clad you could get out. Nice bunch of finds.....

I found all the coins this hunt along an old chain link fence that surrounds an old drive-in movie theater.
You can get to about a one hundred foot section of the fence the rest is in some thick tangled woods.
I have detected the drive-ins parking area but there is so much trash its hard figure out whats what, and the ground is as hard as rock.
I'm very new to this hobby and am still learning, the hardest thing is getting permission most people just say no to me.
Is it best to ask in person or should I leave a note in their mailboxes.

How do you get such a close/clear picture with coins. Do you scan them or do you use a digital camera. looks great though. hh and happy thanksgiving!!!!

I use my scanner I set the resolution to 300 dpi or less or the file will be to large.
I also do a preview first, and I use that preview to zoom in on just the things I want to scan.
When you zoom in on your subject you eliminate a lot of blank area around the coins and the coins will be more magnified.
Even thicker more 3d objects come out pretty good with the scanner.

If your going to ask, ask in person. For me the decision to ask permission depends on wether the property is lived on, how remote it is, how well its maintained, etc. I've found most places with well maintained lawns are usually a no responce. Any public property(except state or ferderal parks), I just go and hunt, never been told to leave yet.

a good pinpointer in my opinion is the new garrett propointer it will ping a target at 4 inches with out the md machine no joke done it twice now

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back