49 For 49!! 5 Silver, 26 Wheats ~ 1897 Injun ~ 1915 Exposition Medal

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Everyone!

I managed to detect a couple of parks this week, along with a different park last week, and did as well as I could expect from three, heavily pounded parks. One of the parks was the "silver" park (I know, I couldn't stay away from there for very long :icon_biggrin: ). The "Barrio" park I went to on Monday with Mike(Ratman) produced around 12 wheats, and a 1919 D mercury dime, and a sterling ring. My most interesting find that day was an old medal from the 1915 Pan-Pacific International and Pan-California Expositions(World Fairs in San Francisco and San Diego). It was a gold medal awarded to Eastside Brewing Company for their excellence in the making of their product, EastSide Beer. EastSide Brewing Company was also known as Los Angeles Brewing company from 1897-1920. I'm attaching some researched information on the Brewing Company. It was a very cool piece of Los Angeles history, in addition to having a gold medal awarded to an acoholic beverage just before Prohibition started in 1920.

Yesterday, Mike(Ratman) was going to detect the "silver" park for a few hours, and I couldn't pass up the invite. We went to the older section of the park, where we've pounded to death this area many times over. The finds were sparse; just a few wheats, but I did manage to find an 1897 Indian Head; a tough find next to an underground pipe and a large root. I was happy to get that coin. :headbang: It was getting late, and my consecutive silver streak was in jeopardy. We moved to a hillside, which was to be our last spot for the day. Wouldn't you know it...within the first minute of swinging my coil, I managed to find a '60 Rosie at 1" under the surface. :o The streak remains alive!! :blob6: After finding a few more wheats, I decided to call it a day. The other two Rosies and wheats in my pic were from another pounded park where I had a 6 silver day last week.

I probably won't be going out again til next week to try for #50!! Of the 49 turf hunts I've been on, some only lasted a couple hours, while others lasted around 4 hours. Honestly, I never would have imagined that I could go out almost 50 straight times and find at least one silver coin on each trip. :happy3: It's fun to have a different challenge this year on my hunts....my motto, "Just 1 Turf Silver" has held true the entire year.

I want to wish all my friends a Happy Thanksgiving!!
Eat as much as you want tomorrow, as long as you go out detecting in the coming weeks to burn off all the calories!! :icon_biggrin:

Thanks for looking!
Keep The Passion High!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3229_sm.jpg
    IMG_3229_sm.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 582
  • EastSideBeerMedal1915.jpg
    EastSideBeerMedal1915.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 586
  • EasSideBrewing.jpg
    EasSideBrewing.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 590
  • EasSideBrewing2.jpg
    EasSideBrewing2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 584
  • EastsideBeer.jpg
    EastsideBeer.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 417
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be funny if you missed your half century with the roll your on :thumbsup:

Nice job.

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Thanks, Cru!

Don't worry....I will be sure to get at least one for my 50th if it takes 10 hours.... ;D ;D

I'm looking ahead for DiMaggio's famous 56 consecutive game hit streak. :headbang:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn_SE said:
Thanks, Cru!

Don't worry....I will be sure to get at least one for my 50th if it takes 10 hours.... ;D ;D

I'm looking ahead for DiMaggio's famous 56 consecutive game hit streak. :headbang:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Take your head torch (light), just in case :D (I know your do it)

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
phantomfinder said:
Very cool , like the pic's . love the coins ....WTG :thumbsup:

Thanks, Phantomfinder!! Glad you liked them. Good luck to you!

Nice finds. Hope you hit 50!

Thanks, Larry!! Hope your season is not over yet. Keep at it, even if BB doesn't want to get out there.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Going tomorrow AM even though the WIFE says NO. She and the kids will be asleep so what can it hurt... :icon_scratch: :-\

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on another silver filled day!! Those Parks keep giving up all those silver coins and I sure hope to see more and more coming out of them!!

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on the nice finds and the 49th consecutive Dan :icon_thumleft: Close call at the "silver" park though huh? That silver ring and token are very nice finds WTG :thumbsup: Good Luck, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours too.
Glenn

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job, congrats!!!

stormfighter

Mar 23, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
DFX
Great Job! Your 50th is not far away.You have some great hunting ground.I have layers of garbage from years of littering.Good Luck!!

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
Great job Dan, I can't seem to scratch up any silver been skunked in that department the last half dozen times out. Happy Thanksgiving.
JDD

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Yet another stellar assortment!!!! :thumbsup: After reading your post, I was real thirsty, so I'm cracking open a hard cider to toast your finds! :wink:

Gongrats!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Captn Dan's Scorecard

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52....... :dontknow: "When will he stop?"

:icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread