I found a bonehead...

AL1900

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sigh....there is a bonehead metal detectionist where I live...this is what I found on my second visit to a Huntsville park. This is a nice well maintained park in a neighborhood with million dollar homes. This hole is 9 inches across and 7 inches deep. oh, the bonehead also left his trash just sitting by hole too. so guess who picked up the trash and tried to fill the hole back in. it had rained after who ever did their sloppy habits so the dirt had settled back into the grass and I could only fill a little bit...I can't believe people still do this crap...this is what gives the hobby a bad name and get the hobby banned in places...

Attachments

• hole.jpg
    hole.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

AL1900

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here's a better cropped picture...

Attachments

• hole - Copy.jpg
    hole - Copy.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 160

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, was filling someones holes and picking up their trash yesterday. At least they were in the woods.

wecoyote

Oct 30, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Whites 4900/D, Fisher TW-6, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sad part is that it is "politically incorrect" to shoot them.

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
This is so familiar. There's another bonehead that hunts a very large park near me. Never fills in the holes, leaves piles of dug aluminum cans and other trash all over. A runner actually started yelling at me one day over all the holes that are left out there. I started filling in any I found at first, quit soon after, way too many holes. Somebody's going to break an ankle one of these days and get us decent MD'ers banned from the park. Hope the lazy jerk reads this post. Karma always catches up with you! :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like he actually "dug" instead of cutting a plug......had to be a beginner or child......i hope!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it is offending to all of us senior detectorists. We have to educate the young ones on the proper way of cutting and replacing plugs, and disposing of trash. "Leave no trace, leave no trash," should be the motto of the hobby. Whenever a curious passerby asks what I have found, the first thing I show them is all the pieces of jagged metal and glass that is in my pouch, with an explanation of why I haul it out (safety of barefoot folks, of course.) They usually always thank me for that! We are our bonehead brothers keepers, sometimes...Sub 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread