I found a Flock of Eagles!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I finally get to cross an Eagle Button off my list of "To Digs".They arent that uncommon to dig but one has eluded me....until now!Well the first one I had to be practically led by the hand.My cousin called and said he had found one.I was talking to Ironman at the time and he stated he had found six in that general area,I didnt get excited until cousin called said he had dug another.....I told him to stop!He found another by the time I got there,but stepped aside I got a signal at the base of a bush and thrust my shovel down to uproot the bush when the button fell out!!!
firstbutton.jpg
he ended up digging several more there.I headed out and my next target was my very own!I later gave him back the one I dug at his spot as I think they should all stay together.We kind of all met back at a central sight after that and were all digging signals,Ironman had a honey hole of a spot,Cousin was doing his normal "One minute he is in front of me,next minute he is behind me",......he gets around we will say!Anyway it seemed like Eagles were every where!Ironman dug a couple,I dug four more,one "Infantry",and cousin found one two more,it was one those times we all dream about!Cousin ended up with some incredible finds as usual,including a "Colts Patent",bullet mold,a smashed powder flask.I couldnt complain either,I think we dug 15 Eagles that day!
My first day
myfirstday-1.jpg

Cousins first day!!
youngerfirst.jpg

The second day pickins' were a little slimmer but just the history dripping area and awesome company were invaluable,Cousin did dig three more Eagle buttons!
My second Day!
secondday.jpg
Cousins first day buttons

my Buttons
myflock.jpg

Cousins buttons minus a few
youngerbuttons.jpg

I havent had a chance to take pics of everything,but what an awesome time with awesome hunting buds!Ironmans finds blow mine away,I still cant believe the finds he made!Thanks again for some new scenery!!

Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow !! One heck of a hunt!!

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not many people have the opportunity to hunt a site that produces that kind and quantity of relics. Really nice digs. That bullet mold would be my favorite. Congrats on all the great finds.

HH
Rusted

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds there congrats.

K

KirkTN

That's an Outstanding flock of Eagles! A lot of Great relics in the mix.

WTG

KirkTN

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am with rusted iron on this, that bullet mold would be my favorite. very nice digs indeed. really fine comb and hit it at angles too. you never know hiw much more can come out of an area.

you had me for a minute, I thought you had found a couple of gold double eagle coins. wtg on the finds and many more too.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some Wonderful finds. I have always wanted to hunt in an area where the iron finds came up in relatively good shape. Never have found a spot like that though.

Great stuff--and yes that is one Good Looking flock!

Best Wishes,

Buckles

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that is a Great Relic Day, Excellent finds and Thanks for Sharing.

Nova Treasure

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
I had to go back up and look at the pics Three Times :o Man what a Day :headbang: I'd be on a High for a long time after those Digs ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
mostly gen service ---but I do see a "I" in there :icon_thumright:--great bunch of finds , a very sweet spot indeed.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Congrats man,

Those are some nice looking relics. You guys got a nice site to hunt.

HH Jer

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all!We did find two "I', buttons.Thanks immensly Ironman for the added pics and superior quality(my photo skills were lacking!)Ironman did find a Seated Dime,I completely forgot about but to me that was just the tip of the iceburg for his weekend finds!!!We need to change his name to something like "MusketMan",or something along those lines.......I say no more!! :wink: ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread