The old dads house.

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got out today in this mucky weather in Iowas but I had one thing one my mind (Bottles, bottles and silver). Why, well my dads house was built in the late 1860's about the time the town started up. So it being that old I had to try my luck again like I did last yr scoring some oldies and relics. The only thing that was holding me back was his huge garden that he planted so I had to wait till this fall.
Long story short I was out digging for a privy area but with no luck just broken glass and clay jars. Did find glass like old brown, black, blue, etc. and a clay smoking pipe piece all broken (no keepers). I don't know the age of the pipe stem and when they quite making those but hey Its a nice relic. Did manage to get a silver Rosie 1954-D and 3 tootsie roster cars, belt buckle plus a few penny's all modern and some clay marbles which my kids lost.

Now if anybody is interested digging for some old bottles just email me so I can set up a time frame.

Attachments

• lot.jpg
    lot.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 523
  • stim.jpg
    stim.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 528
  • stim 2.jpg
    stim 2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 528
Upvote 0

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with that old pipe fragment, there has to be more old stuff there. Nice relic. Looks like that buckle may have some age to it also. Late 1800's? Congrats on the silver FDR aso.

HH
Rusted

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
WTG Terry, that sight has potential for some old, old, oldies. I will be seeing Bob at our group hunt tomorrow, he has found several of those clay pipe stems and bowls also so he may have an idea of how old they are. He is a bottle digger from way back and might be interested in coming down. I have found privy holes with the use of divining rods and a probe. I'll be getting ahold of you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread