Coinucopia

Nov 24, 2017
SE Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MXT All Pro, Whites Treasuremaster, Fisher F5,
Multiple coil options
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I looked out of my office window today and noticed two of our maintenance staff crawling around looking for something in the grass and curiosity got the best of me. A pin had worked its way out from the riding mower that held a protective flap over the mower discharge chute and they were intent on finding it. I just happened to have my MXT in my truck and found it after about 15 minutes backtracking where they had just mowed. ;D

One of the guys was real interested about the detector and I told him it's just a fun hobby, I look for old coins but primarily relic hunt old homesteads when I can. I even let him try it out for a few minutes and showed him how it works. After that, he told me he lives in an old neighborhood and his house was built in the 1920's with a big yard, and I am more than welcome to come over anytime to hunt it if I wanted. :headbang:

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Fun story. I like those "md'r comes to the rescue" stories. Thanx for sharing.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deed pays off right place right time Excellent post.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great job, congrats! :occasion14:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good karma! Best of luck:icon_thumright:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deeds like that are also good karma for you. I was once asked to find a mans wedding ring. He had lost it after only 2 months of marriage. I ended up finding it, and he owned over 30 rental properties. Guess who had places to hunt for a few years ? Not all were old, but I did search the older ones and was glad I found that ring for him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread