I FOUND AN OWL!

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro with a 15 inch DD WOT coil.
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This vintage owl ring was the first thing I dug up today. It's ring #47 of the year. I walked about 6 feet and had a faint signal. It's pretty amazing how many times I've done that. One time the first two things I found were rings. One diamond one crap. Then I drove to another spot and the first thing I found there was a silver ring. What are the odds...

Also pictured is my 3rd Ike dollar ever. I thought it was a sprinkler. You can see a couple marks where I tapped on it with my probe. It was about 7 inches deep.

Then a Pharaoh's token.

I'm on a pretty torid pace for finding rings. I wish I could do this year round. Spring time is here and the work will be rolling in. Also where I live in So Cal the ground is a red clay and it gets hard as a rock. It's difficult to dig more than about an inch sometimes and the signals are much weaker.

Attachments

• owl.jpg
    owl.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 338
  • pharos.jpg
    pharos.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 335
  • ike.jpg
    ike.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Upvote 8

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That's neat .. an owl with an attitude.. I love it! Great find!

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey alright nice hooter.

Mortamus

Jun 9, 2012
Southern Callie
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This vintage owl ring was the first thing I dug up today. It's ring #47 of the year. I walked about 6 feet and had a faint signal. It's pretty amazing how many times I've done that. One time the first two things I found were rings. One diamond one crap. Then I drove to another spot and the first thing I found there was a silver ring. What are the odds...

Also pictured is my 3rd Ike dollar ever. I thought it was a sprinkler. You can see a couple marks where I tapped on it with my probe. It was about 7 inches deep.

Then a Pharaoh's token.

I'm on a pretty torid pace for finding rings. I wish I could do this year round. Spring time is here and the work will be rolling in. Also where I live in So Cal the ground is a red clay and it gets hard as a rock. It's difficult to dig more than about an inch sometimes and the signals are much weaker.

Why to go FIX!!! # 47 already dude? Jeesh your digging......:icon_thumright::notworthy: More power to ya bro !!!

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring ! Love finding them Ike's
Glen