i found it!! $2995 watch --UPDATED WITH PICTURE AND REWARD

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
saw an ad online a few weeks ago for a lost ladies MOVADO watch at a beach i regularly hunt..... for the past few weeks i hoped to find it but being so long with sooo many other hunters down there i was sure it had been found by now.....

NOPE -- wasn`t found until last night by me! 3 WEEKS LATER!!

I contacted her through her online ad last night when i got home and this morning after 2 e-mails she described it perfectly and the location......this watch supposedly has real diamonds...63 of them (little ones) and the sapphire crystal is flawless after being buried a few weeks after all the rain we had.........and it`s still running!! keeps time too!

holy cow!! this is a $2995 watch at this site http://www.paradisejewelers.com/cgi...duct_Code=movado_0605447&Category_Code=TIMEMA

i am now in the process of returning this to her...i just e-mailed her telling her congrats on me finding her watch...this is one-of-a kind because i cannot find another like it online....nor could she after i asked her to send a picture of it.
also pictured is a small car, $4.85 clad and a ROSTFREI multi-tool pocket knife found with the blade opened in the dry sand. OUCH!!

I hope to get her picture wearing it when i return it to her. If she lets me.

OK- happy hunting and remember " the beach is never hunted out!! mike :tongue3:

Attachments

• MVC-088F.JPG
    MVC-088F.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,649

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: i found it!!

Nice post and finds. I don't recognize the knife brand. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
miket

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
Re: i found it!!

Sandman said:
Nice post and finds. I don't recognize the knife brand. :thumbsup:
i typed the knife name in on e-bay and it isn`t an expensive brand...it looks new and a nice one for my tackle box.

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Re: i found it!! $2995 watch

Awesome!!! Congrats on your find and for doing such a good deed!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

Super, super, SUPER Congrats! What a day or night of hunting you had! Congrats on your finds and I hope you get a BIG reward! :wink:

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Does anyone consider, when thinking about returning extremely expensive things like this, that the owner had insurance on the item and had it replaced or paid for? You could be giving the person a free watch! I don't mean to discourage doing good deeds, but I am wondering if anyone has encountered this possibility. I know if I had a $3000 watch I would be afraid to leave the house with it with insurance.

OP
OP
miket

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300

EpsilonMinus said:
Does anyone consider, when thinking about returning extremely expensive things like this, that the owner had insurance on the item and had it replaced or paid for? You could be giving the person a free watch! I don't mean to discourage doing good deeds, but I am wondering if anyone has encountered this possibility. I know if I had a $3000 watch I would be afraid to leave the house with it with insurance.

maybe she might have.....but if you have that kind of money to buy things like this to lose at the beach...i don`t mind taking a reward and she can do what she wants...my end is more honest.

I had no idea what it was worth until after i contacted her. (would it have made a difference....IDK...but knowing i read that ad i would feel bad in keeping it) I never knew they put real diamonds in stainless steel watches. I found another website where this watch can be purchased for $1499.00
without the diamonds these sell for 4-500 dollars.
she posted the Lost ad with " reward " in the title..... so i took her up on the offer..... she replied by saying " there is a generous cash reward for this watch " ...
i told her it was almost a foot deep in the sand and the only way this was to be found ever again was with a metal detector. :tongue3:
and it was very lucky for her i read the ad and had the means to locate it....i`ve been to that beach 9 times since her ad was placed on aug. 14th and couldn`t believe i found it this long after.
hh,mike :icon_pirat:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

well done! hope you get a nice reward.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

good job! was the band and case stainless steel???????

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID

good job - and I had just been in that same area. goes to show that you can't cover every square inch

OP
OP
miket

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300

seeker41 said:
yes it is all stainless steel.....with diamonds! i can`t believe it either.....she wrote me and said "a generous cash reward for this watch" ..
cheapest i saw one online was $1499.00 and without the diamonds they sell $400-$500. ....one on e-bay now...new selling for $1700

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

miket said:
seeker41 said:
yes it is all stainless steel.....with diamonds! i can`t believe it either.....she wrote me and said "a generous cash reward for this watch" ..
cheapest i saw one online was $1499.00 and without the diamonds they sell $400-$500. ....one on e-bay now...new selling for $1700

I would like to know what she gives you for the reward and how this turns out.

I would also like to say that I always believed that if something got lost on the beach, then
generally speaking it did not stay there very long before someone with a metal detector turned it up.
This has turned that idea on it's head.
Seeing such a big target get walked over for weeks and weeks before being found,
tells me volumes about small rings that get lost... and later found..

OP
OP
miket

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300

TORRERO said:
miket said:
seeker41 said:

I would like to know what she gives you for the reward and how this turns out.

I would also like to say that I always believed that if something got lost on the beach, then
generally speaking it did not stay there very long before someone with a metal detector turned it up.
This has turned that idea on it's head.
Seeing such a big target get walked over for weeks and weeks before being found,
tells me volumes about small rings that get lost... and later found..

I was at the same spot with my mom (both detecting) just the night before....and i was there the night before that even.......so it took the 3rd day to finally pass over it.....not including the few times i was there since she lost it on aug.14th. AND all the other hunters i see there every time i go....unbelievable that nobody found it for 3 weeks.
i`ll find out tomorrow night what she does...she is coming for it then.... :tongue3:

cowboykelly

Dec 10, 2007
Lubbock
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark

Great Find! Just curious...what kind of sound did it give you? Did you think it was a beer can or was it different/unique? About 6 months ago I found a Tisso watch worth a few hundred for a Canadian teenager up at Cocoa Beach...he rewarded me with a Canadian $20 lol.

OP
OP
miket

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300

cowboykelly said:
Great Find! Just curious...what kind of sound did it give you? Did you think it was a beer can or was it different/unique? About 6 months ago I found a Tisso watch worth a few hundred for a Canadian teenager up at Cocoa Beach...he rewarded me with a Canadian $20 lol.

it sounded like a nickel would.....using a whites beach hunter id 300 == it has three lights (red,yellow,blue) and it was flashing " yellow " mid tone.....and when i hit beer cans it flashes " blue " ........the tone wasn`t high pitched like cans make. I hunt at night and it was cloudy and sprinkling rain so the watch appeared " gold " to me with low light (i don`t use a flashlight) -- my brain believed it because of the " yellow " light my detector was flashing and it flashes "yellow" on gold and nickels...and some pennies and pull-tabs and lead fishing weights (i don`t know why it flashes yellow on pulltabs and not on aluminum cans?? maybe density)
so i stuck it in my pocket until i got back to the truck to then find out what it really was.........i saw the name of it and remembered the " lost " ad placed a few weeks ago......

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound

IMHO, the reason no one else found it before you is partly because Excalibur null on a stainless steel watch. I was at a beach a few years ago. It had been picked almost completely clean by other hunters before I got there. Then I got a solid signal with my Tiger Shark. About 9" down was a $500 SS dive watch. The previous hunters might have missed this by not passing their coil over it, but I see a lot of folks at the beach with the Minelab, and my guess is they just chose not to dig the watch, thinking it was trash. When I bought my White's pulse from Kelly Co, I was considering an Excalibur so I asked the rep if it nulled on a SS watch. He checked..., it did..., so I got the pulse. Of course I haven't found a watch since then :'(, but I did find a nice SS band, the watch was unfortunately missing. Good find, I hope she is appreciative. Ralph

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was considering an Excalibur so I asked the rep if it nulled on a SS watch. He checked..., it did..., so I got the pulse. Of course I haven't found a watch since then :'(, but I did find a nice SS band, the watch was unfortunately missing. Good find, I hope she is appreciative. Ralph
[/quote]

Not true! I found what I thought at first was a gold watch! Turned it over and it said stainless steel made in Hong Kong! What a bummer! It sounded off really good too.

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound

surfnturf said:
I was considering an Excalibur so I asked the rep if it nulled on a SS watch. He checked..., it did..., so I got the pulse. Of course I haven't found a watch since then :'(, but I did find a nice SS band, the watch was unfortunately missing. Good find, I hope she is appreciative. Ralph

Not true! I found what I thought at first was a gold watch! Turned it over and it said stainless steel made in Hong Kong! What a bummer! It sounded off really good too.
[/quote]

Since I don't have an Excalibur to test myself, I can neither confirm nor deny the claim made by the Kellyco rep. I would be surprised if he just made up his answer and didn't actually test to see if his SS watch would null since he had a customer on the line ready to purchase and Excalibur and spend $300 more than I paid, if it didn't null. Perhaps the watch you found does have some gold in it and just the back is SS. Your Excalibur might have signaled on the gold and not the SS. Since I have heard that the Excalibur will signal on a gold ring with a nail through it. :icon_scratch: I don't know. Perhaps you could do an experiment with an all stainless steel watch without any gold color on it and set the record straight. Ralph

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions