i found it!! $2995 watch --UPDATED WITH PICTURE AND REWARD

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Re: i found it!! $2995 watch

My Excal II picks up my Seiko chrono at a foot deep. Also stainless rings pop up as well as mild steel rings and necklaces etc.

BloodyBelle

Aug 22, 2010

Now, now, now. There's nothing like reward in heaven.

Perk! That a Movado? There are Movado and there are MOVADO. And the insurance. ANd the sentiment factor. And that ad. And "in heaven there is no beer."

You want I should rep you in this matter?

What color is the face?

I'll give you 200 bucks for your reward right here right now. ;D

OP
OP
miket

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300

BloodyBelle said:

Perk! That a Movado? There are Movado and there are MOVADO. And the insurance. ANd the sentiment factor. And that ad. And "in heaven there is no beer."

What color is the face?

black face as in photo....... heres another ad for $1499
http://www.jewelswarehouse.com/DS_DP_Watches.asp?ID=17862&Brand=Movado&Series=Timema

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound

seeker41 said:
thats why i asked if it was s.s. i have a excal and it will hit my s.s. watch at all disc settings!!!!

I surrender.... I guess the Excal users just didn't put their coil over the target. Maybe I should have gotten one afterall :dontknow: Super finds by the way..... :icon_pirat:

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I surrender.... I guess the Excal users just didn't put their coil over the target. Maybe I should have gotten one afterall :dontknow: Super finds by the way..... :icon_pirat:
[/quote]

Your PI is an awesome and powerfull machine! When you learn with time (like any mder) you'll have a much better idea of whats going to be uncovered (example short crisp and soft or faint tones often are deep rings or coins)!! My mentor and friend has one and he kills it especially in an area with black sand, when others fail! That's when I go in all metal mode w/excal!!! Enjoy your new detector, many more rings are on the way!!!!! :icon_pirat:

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max

Have ya returned it yet? Did she hand over the reward? Did you find out the story behind it?

OP
OP
miket

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300

Frank1960 said:
Have ya returned it yet? Did she hand over the reward? Did you find out the story behind it?

supposedly tonight she is coming for it....... i`ll post what she gives and i was going to ask to take her picture with it.. ? we`ll she what she means by " a generous cash reward " .......... i won`t complain or anything...whatever she gives is fine... just she is very lucky to have someone see her "lost " ad and then find her item weeks later and then give something that cost this much back. (i believe it is rare)
:tongue3: :tongue3: ......and me living 25 miles away to go look for it on a beach a mile long...she didn`t give a location on the beach to make it easy or anything just the beach name........it was pure luck..for her maybe...we`ll see tonite!

BloodyBelle

Aug 22, 2010

miket said:
BloodyBelle said:

What color is the face?

black face as in photo....... heres another ad for $1499
http://www.jewelswarehouse.com/DS_DP_Watches.asp?ID=17862&Brand=Movado&Series=Timema

Yup. Movado. Some have a blue MOP face--very rare. You are a very nice man. And I hope she's a very nice lady. Good luck! You should call the local press stat!

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

no, don't call the press. they'll be 83 more detectors out on the beaches tomorrow and 82 more questions about "what kind of machine should I buy for water hunting" . The other question will be, "is it ok to use a land machine in the surf at Daytona?" :laughing9:

good luck with the reward :thumbsup:

BloodyBelle

Aug 22, 2010

davest said:
no, don't call the press. they'll be 83 more detectors out on the beaches tomorrow and 82 more questions about "what kind of machine should I buy for water hunting" . The other question will be, "is it ok to use a land machine in the surf at Daytona?" :laughing9:

good luck with the reward :thumbsup:

Just another day at TN. :wink: (Guilty one here!)

It'd be a nice article for:

The kids or grandkids; the 4-H club; MD'ers for hire or private property permission or barters... Or for the FBI if the lady is a double-dipper or a cheapskate! :laughing9:

OP
OP
miket

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
Re: i found it!! $2995 watch - watch has been returned tonight......reward paid

$100 reward!! great find and a good deed done.

got her picture with it on..

Attachments

• 102_2966.JPG
    102_2966.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 984

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

petersra said:
seeker41 said:
thats why i asked if it was s.s. i have a excal and it will hit my s.s. watch at all disc settings!!!!

:laughing7:the only point i was trying to make is that the excal would not have nulled. stainless steel is a high conducter like a clad or silver coin.
im surprised the bhid reported the watch as gold!!!!!!!!!
people choise to dig or not to dig! thats probably why the watch was still there. some choose to dig only high tones, some only low tones, some get selective after digging the 15th bottlecap or pulltab!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
miket

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300

seeker41 said:
petersra said:
seeker41 said:

:laughing7:the only point i was trying to make is that the excal would not have nulled. stainless steel is a high conducter like a clad or silver coin.
im surprised the bhid reported the watch as gold!!!!!!!!!
people choise to dig or not to dig! thats probably why the watch was still there. some choose to dig only high tones, some only low tones, some get selective after digging the 15th bottlecap or pulltab!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the watch sure was -- " yellow " light on the bhid300....the pocket knife i found that night pictured was flashing all three lights" red,yellow&blue(or green) and it is stainless steel.......so who knows..maybe my machine is nuts!

BloodyBelle

Aug 22, 2010
Awwwww. She is cute and you both look so good together.

A lousy 100 bucks? Ahem.

Oh but she is so innocent looking. I hope she drove up in no better than a Taurus.

Awwwwwww. You sweet, sweet thang.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread