I found my thrill on seated hill!

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Well I made the trek back over to the virgin park and with the new little warm spell I've had a little more area thaw so I could detect it. The hill where I popped two seated dimes this last week had some good sun on it so decided to give it a try. I did'nt get to far while following what looked to be an old footpath when I got a strong hit and the explorer was saying quarter and not to deep. cut the plug and in it was my first ever seated liberty quarter! Wow what a feeling! had to call a few friends to tell them before I could continue. I worked the side of the hill back and forth and continued to pop silver and IHP's for over an hour and a half heres the final tally.....1878 seated quarter1941 silver washington quarter,1941, and 1942 mercs,1888,1899,1904,1906,1906 Indianhead penny's. I still am only able to hunt about 10 percent of this huge park so I got high hopes for the next few months:D

HH
Slipperyjack47

Attachments

• seated group.jpg
    seated group.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,010
  • setaed quarter.jpg
    setaed quarter.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,007
  • seated quarter obverse.jpg
    seated quarter obverse.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 991
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a real great site you have !! :thumbsup:

I hope your digging everything and not using Disc. :icon_study: Cause I'm sure that hill has some gold coins. :icon_scratch:

Keep @ it and HH!! ;D

drgest

Apr 6, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum II, Fisher 1280x
well Jack you've got me shopping for SE pros. Beautiful coins. Make sure you check that 1888 very closely. If it's an 8/7 you're talking BIG bucks $$$$$$. I went to a coin auction a couple weeks ago and purchased a small lot of Indian Heads. Afterwards I had an offer by someone else to purchase some of them which I declined. I found out why a little later. Another guy there was nice enough to point out that the 1894 was a 94/94. It was so hard to see I don't think I would have ever known had he not told me. I asked him how he knew and he said he watches for them. If it is an 8/7 don't feel like you have to go any more than 50/50 with me for pointing it out ;D Just kidding. Hope it is and Bob and I just might have to get our cheesehead hats on and make a road trip.

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Killer site, killer finds. There's still plenty of places out their for those who work to find them. I just borrowed a reprinted 1855 county atlas from a nearby county and just spotted a "camp meeting ground". I hope it's not a mall or a parking lot now, 'cause it's my project for the week.

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
Super sweet coin

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Seated quarter, it is always a good day when Miss Seated Liberty shows up! :thumbsup:

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread