I found my thrill on seated hill!

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Well I made the trek back over to the virgin park and with the new little warm spell I've had a little more area thaw so I could detect it. The hill where I popped two seated dimes this last week had some good sun on it so decided to give it a try. I did'nt get to far while following what looked to be an old footpath when I got a strong hit and the explorer was saying quarter and not to deep. cut the plug and in it was my first ever seated liberty quarter! Wow what a feeling! had to call a few friends to tell them before I could continue. I worked the side of the hill back and forth and continued to pop silver and IHP's for over an hour and a half heres the final tally.....1878 seated quarter1941 silver washington quarter,1941, and 1942 mercs,1888,1899,1904,1906,1906 Indianhead penny's. I still am only able to hunt about 10 percent of this huge park so I got high hopes for the next few months:D

HH
Slipperyjack47

Attachments

• seated group.jpg
    seated group.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,011
  • setaed quarter.jpg
    setaed quarter.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,008
  • seated quarter obverse.jpg
    seated quarter obverse.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 992
Upvote 0
That is a real great site you have !! :thumbsup:

I hope your digging everything and not using Disc. :icon_study: Cause I'm sure that hill has some gold coins. :icon_scratch:

Keep @ it and HH!! ;D

well Jack you've got me shopping for SE pros. Beautiful coins. Make sure you check that 1888 very closely. If it's an 8/7 you're talking BIG bucks $$$$$$. I went to a coin auction a couple weeks ago and purchased a small lot of Indian Heads. Afterwards I had an offer by someone else to purchase some of them which I declined. I found out why a little later. Another guy there was nice enough to point out that the 1894 was a 94/94. It was so hard to see I don't think I would have ever known had he not told me. I asked him how he knew and he said he watches for them. If it is an 8/7 don't feel like you have to go any more than 50/50 with me for pointing it out ;D Just kidding. Hope it is and Bob and I just might have to get our cheesehead hats on and make a road trip.

Killer site, killer finds. There's still plenty of places out their for those who work to find them. I just borrowed a reprinted 1855 county atlas from a nearby county and just spotted a "camp meeting ground". I hope it's not a mall or a parking lot now, 'cause it's my project for the week.

Super sweet coin

Sweet Seated quarter, it is always a good day when Miss Seated Liberty shows up! :thumbsup:

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back