I Found This 1922 With no M.M.__ Lincoln Wheatie just a few years ago

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Found This 1922 With no M.M.__ Lincoln Wheatie just a few years ago

A few years back I found this while out metal detecting a street tear out ,and a local coin dealer said it looks to be genuine...
I brought it back to the same coin dealer,,,,,, for another check recently,and the other younger appraiser looked at it,and NOW they say they can neither verify nor dispute it's authenticity,,,and say it may NOT be genuine,,,, ..............................
Notice it is very environmentally damaged,and has a few scratches,as well as being slightly bent.......Notice the 1st Two pics................It also looks as if the second 2 is more prominent (less worn ) than the first 2.
......................This coin used to really excite me.......Now that I have taken these pics,,,,I had not realized how ugly it really is...LOL.............................But at least...........(I think) it is very likely....The 1922 plain..
w/out a mint mark..................What do you Think.............................................................................
...........................Would it sell if I decided to put it on E-Bay....?....How much do you think it would be worth in this state ?................
Thank You
1922P.jpg

1922anotherview.jpg

1922PLAIN.jpg

1922NOMM.jpg

1922-MM.jpg

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My 1922 plain found a few years ago

Of course it's genuine. With that kind of patina and environmental damage. Still should be worth some Serious bucks though. :)

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My 1922 plain found a few years ago

BuckleBoy said:
Of course it's genuine. With that kind of patina and environmental damage. Still should be worth some Serious bucks though. :)

+1

OP
OP
AmericanCoinHunting

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This 1922 p.......Under a different light

........................I had cleaned this 1922 p with Hydogen Peroxide and baking soda..............Here it is in different lighting.....
1922p-1.jpg

1922p_obverse.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________
And.................The Reverse
______________________________________________________________________________________
1922Preverse.jpg

Thank You for Looking............................What Do You THINK........?

Falcon

Apr 2, 2008
GA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter
Re: I Found This 1922 With no M.M.__ Lincoln Wheatie just a few years ago

Send it to PCGS, NGC, or ANACS for verification and grade. It may cost a little, but then you would be sure. That wheat has had a lot of counterfeits produced. Good luck :thumbsup:

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

Trust me when I say this is a genuine 1922 no mintmark Wheat Cent......and not in as bad a shape as you may believe, especially the reverse......hard to say what you might get on E-Bay for it but I wouldn't bother having it slabbed, the pictures speak for themselves to an educated buyer.

Hope this helps!

Nice find!!@

HH all!

Greg

OP
OP
AmericanCoinHunting

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It was sold to the 1st offer...............Nice man from Utah.....................................................
............................Maybe I will get to see what it will draw on E-Bay.....................................Pretty Coin.....But Ugly in the close-ups ehhh?.............Regardless..................I still beleive it is a genuine 22 plain cent.................Don't You ???????????????????????????????????

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga

Sometimes cleaning it decreases it's value from what i hear. I think it could go for 100-300 on ebay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread