I found this on a remote beach in the Caribean

Dec 18, 2012
I found this on a remote beach in the Caribean with a metal detector. My first time. It's about 5ft length, 1.5 width, 1.5 deep. Couldn't get it out due to time constraints but I will be going back with proper digging and wench equipment. Its made of iron or steel. looks quite old. Does anyone know what this might be? To me, it looks like a treasure chest. Maybe wishful thinking.

Attachments

• image-2247980723.jpg
    image-2247980723.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 1,338
  • image-977795793.jpg
    image-977795793.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,289
Upvote 0

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skydog ~ I was thinking the same thing. Yes you must follow up curiosity is making me wait! hmm wasn't that a commercial some years back?

You mean Anticipation is making me wait? Heinz Ketchup.....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously guys! Do you really think is post is real?

I don't want to come across rude or anything, but its almost comical how so many users are wanting updates from this guy. Granted, the original post was fun to read and play with but how many of you would actually take a picture of the find half dug up and then tell everyone on a website like this that you'll just cover it up and return in a few months....

TreasureNet - Real Or Fake?

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks jeff of pa, knew one of you guys would be along soon after to weigh in! Nothing gets by! :icon_thumleft:

Daugela

Jul 8, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
White MTX, VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I never said this find was fake. In fact, I just questioned the guys and asked if they really thought it was real or not...

Granted, I'm playing in the gray area, but to be honest, I never read that rule before posting. I will be sure to keep future posts tame.:icon_thumleft:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I never said this find was fake. In fact, I just questioned the guys and asked if they really thought it was real or not...

Granted, I'm playing in the gray area, but to be honest, I never read that rule before posting. I will be sure to keep future posts tame.:icon_thumleft:

that's the reason I didn't delete.

& thank you :thumbsup: I don't want to see debates on members posts, unless they
ask for a debate. & even then it depends on if they are trying to
cause trouble.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The big question here is not real or fake, but what the He.. is it! Frank
111-1 profilecracked.jpg

detectingarizona

Feb 4, 2013
tempe, arizona, usa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter challenger, and Ace 250, gold nugget bucket!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, maybe he got rich. lol. he might have been in a accident, or dead! well, if he goes back, hope he says what it is!

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We are waiting patiently. Glad there are other forums to read while I wait. Just hope he's ok and is able to return and dig it up. Would be nice to see if some of our thoughts on the item are correct.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I think maybe his cruise ship died! Frank... 111-1 profileblk.jpg

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shows what a few fleas and mosquitos can do to a digger, lol. The detector he had was not up to the task of a area search. I would have owned that lil piece of metal and what ever was beneath it. But storm surge probably washed anything associated with it to sea. Anyone wanna bet he used a cell phone to take that picture? Could probaby check the meta data for location. Welcome to Tnet lol.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I heard that you shouldn't take pics with a phone so people couldn't track the photo. Besides don't cameras take a better pic?

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most cameras take better pictures yeah, but some of the newer phones with 10+Megapixels are just as good.
Why has this guy not gone back to this site? I wonder what's up. I need to stop coming back to visit this particular forum, at least for a few weeks.
I heard that you shouldn't take pics with a phone so people couldn't track the photo. Besides don't cameras take a better pic?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no exif data for that pic. Most photo hosting sites automatically strip out all exif data, but yes, it CAN still be there along with GPS data if you aren't careful about your settings.

I wanted to make this point on the forum once a few years ago. Someone posted a pic of some recent finds, so I looked up the exif and ALL the data was there. So I replied that he had taken the picture in his house at the end of XXX street, at just past midnight and he was facing north when he took it. The entire thread disappeared just after that.

[email protected]

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2012
Hey. I thought this post had somehow been gone away. I was a first time user on treasurenet. I just saw how many post there are. Sorry, MIA by accident. I have not yet gone back but still intend to. It's just been crazy busy and family cancer. Ugh!. Anyway, I hope to go back soon to dig it up. I wish I could go today but it is 2000 miles away. Ill let you know what happens when I go. It's still driving me crazy not knowing.

Daugela

Jul 8, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
White MTX, VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey. I thought this post had somehow been gone away. I was a first time user on treasurenet. I just saw how many post there are. Sorry, MIA by accident. I have not yet gone back but still intend to. It's just been crazy busy and family cancer. Ugh!. Anyway, I hope to go back soon to dig it up. I wish I could go today but it is 2000 miles away. Ill let you know what happens when I go. It's still driving me crazy not knowing.

C'mon Daniel....Let's not perpetuate this. :hello2:

[email protected]

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2012
C'mon Daniel....Let's not perpetuate this. :hello2:

I do have much better things to do than perpetuate anything and play on this app. I was just giving an honest update since i thought this post had disappeared from my app. I guess when I get a chance to go back, ill update you.

Daugela

Jul 8, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
White MTX, VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a pessimist by nature. Especially when it comes to things like this. I think everyone is but I'm the most opinionated. No disrespect. Just have to see it from the other end based on the totality of the circumstances.....

Out of curiosity, why did you change your sign in name?

[email protected]

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2012
I'm a pessimist by nature. Especially when it comes to things like this. I think everyone is but I'm the most opinionated. No disrespect. Just have to see it from the other end based on the totality of the circumstances.....

Out of curiosity, why did you change your sign in name?

I just noticed it changed. That's why I couldn't find the original post. This all makes sense now. When I first joined treasurenet, I used this email but then I somehow got locked out of it and it wasn't working. So I then reregistered using the desertcalling email. A couple months ago I got a new iPhone and when I updated my apps it must have updated the first registration under this email and that's why I thought my post disappeared. Yesterday I found it here again but not as my post. Weird. Look man, I hear you're pessimistic. I get that. I have had a lot going on, and have not been able to take the time yet to go back out. It's not cheap either. Not only two air tickets and hotel, but I also need to rent a truck with a wench and expenses. when i Went last time i left L.A. at 8 am and after layover i arruved at my destination at 7 pm. Then i have to go to a smaller island by boat. So it's a treck. I'm sure it's still there. As soon as I have some free time and extra dough, ill be going back.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just noticed it changed. That's why I couldn't find the original post. This all makes sense now. When I first joined treasurenet, I used this email but then I somehow got locked out of it and it wasn't working. So I then reregistered using the desertcalling email. A couple months ago I got a new iPhone and when I updated my apps it must have updated the first registration under this email and that's why I thought my post disappeared. Yesterday I found it here again but not as my post. Weird. Look man, I hear you're pessimistic. I get that. I have had a lot going on, and have not been able to take the time yet to go back out. It's not cheap either. Not only two air tickets and hotel, but I also need to rent a truck with a wench and expenses. when i Went last time i left L.A. at 8 am and after layover i arruved at my destination at 7 pm. Then i have to go to a smaller island by boat. So it's a treck. I'm sure it's still there. As soon as I have some free time and extra dough, ill be going back.

Whenever you get the chance is fine "d" :icon_thumright:

Don't let anyone give you crap, If they do,
I have ways to make them a part of past History :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread